Hello, friends, Happy Monday! I hope this post doesn’t come too soon for you, but I have been seeing the number of fall related pins on Pinterest rapidly increasing and I cannot help but be pulled in by all the cozy looking chunky-knit sweaters and the deep fall colors. In fact, I will readily admit that not only have I started dreaming up my “Fall Fashion Wish List,” but I have already crossed the first item off said list; and, I am pretty proud of myself. Let’s get started!
1. Black denim – My love for this trend totally took me by surprise, but as soon as I saw black skinny jeans popping up on Pinterest and in magazines, I knew I had to have a pair. And, to my total and utter amazement, this is the first item I will be crossing off my list. Thanks to Old Navy and their super denim sale (which is still happening, btw), I found a great pair of low-rise black skinnies for only $15 this Saturday and I cannot wait to wear them with all of my favorite button-front shirts! Check ’em out (right click the picture to find a link to the product page):
2. Button-front shirts – Of course, you need some great tops to go with those black skinnies, right?! And because of the dressy appeal of the dark wash denim, a classy button-front shirt will add just the right touch. I found this great plaid blouse at JC Penny as part of their new Joe Fresh collection and I loved the fact that it comes in either a large check or a small check and either black or blue; plus, the $24 price tag isn’t too shabby, either. (Once again, right click the pic for the product page.)
3. Peasant blouse – Now, if the button-front top is too preppy for you, I have just the solution in mind. Let your boho hippie spirit shine in the latest vintage-inspired trend: the peasant blouse. I actually remember when peasant blouses had a “moment” about ten years ago, but they’re back for another go and I couldn’t be happier. The boho style is alive and well with 60’s and 70’s era fashions springing up in the unlikeliest of places, so why not join in? Especially when you can find a gorgeous blouse like this one from H&M for only $14.95! (You know the drill, right click the pic)
4. A wide-brim hat – I don’t know what it is lately, but I have been seeing the cutest vintage style wide-brimmed hats everywhere and I want one! Whether it’s a fedora or a boater, made of felt or wool, the fall hat is back this season, trust me! Luckily, I found a few budget-friendly hats at Forever 21, including this great burgundy fedora for only $16.80 (because let’s be honest, how often do we really wear hats??): (yadda yadda, right click)
5. Booties – Duh! This trend is not going anywhere and that is a fact. I found my first pair of booties last fall and I absolutely love them, but you know, a girl can never have too many shoes, right? I mean, just to cover the neutrals you would need at least one pair in black and one in a shade of brown and that doesn’t even cover the different style options like western and moto or the various heel heights available. Clearly, booties are a fall must-have, but finding the right pair is essential. Here is another cost-conscious option at only $34.95 from H&M with a moderate heel and they come in either brown or black! (oh, and, right click!)
6. Aztec / native / western prints – I feel compelled to mention this latest trend because it just doesn’t seem like it’s going anywhere anytime soon. While I will admit that I was a bit hesitant at first to jump on this bandwagon, I think I’ve been converted after seeing all of the super fun (and cozy) looking sweaters coming out for fall. All of this western print definitely remind me of ski lodges… in the 90’s… with Jessica Fletcher, and I don’t think that’s a bad thing! I am shameless, what can I say? You either love it or you hate it; but, as with every trend, I do think there’s a way to do it right, and this Aztec-inspired knit sweater from H&M is oh so right (and she’s wearing a wide-brim hat!). (Last time, I swear, right click for the link.)
There are so many trends that come and go, so many prints to mix and match, that I could go on forever and make this list impossibly long; just take a look at my Pinterest “Style” board and you’ll see what I mean. That being said, my favorite Fall trends year after year almost always include classic prints like plaid, polka dots, florals and stripes as well as some of my favorite wardrobe pieces such as long skirts, warm tights, chunky knit sweaters and boots of any height/style. Some trends that make me question their staying power, however, definitely include the overall / shortall as well as the sneaker wedge (although I totally admit that I am still tempted to give both of these trends a try).
What are your fall favorites? What trends are you looking forward to trying this coming season??
As always, thanks for reading :) Kristi