Primary Colors

September 16, 2013

Hello, friends!  So I totally realize that in many parts of the country (and the world), it has already started to get chillier and people have been experiencing everything from drizzle to downright downpours (hang in there, Boulder, CO!), but it is still hot here in Southern California.  Like, HOT!  Luckily, the forecast promises that it will cool down a little this week (below 80 degrees – hurray!), but yesterday was still blazing, so this is what I wore to keep cool:

PrimaryColors_02

I am wearing a ditsy print peasant top (Mossimo, old) with a pair of brick red colored denim shorts (American Eagle) and my favorite copy-cat-Ked tennis shoes (Payless).  I kept my accessories simple with a pair of mint sunnies (Tilly’s) and a couple handmade bracelets.

PrimaryColors_collage

While yesterday wasn’t the hottest day of summer on record, it was pretty humid and gross and I spent most of the morning helping my mom clean the house and backyard for another family gathering (a big family means a lot of birthday parties – woo hoo!).  I didn’t even want to put on a ton of makeup because I knew it would drip right off in a matter of minutes; so, I kept my look casual and played up the red, blue and yellow of the top with red shorts and blue shoes.

Speaking of which, this blouse is super old (I’m pretty sure I’ve had it since high school), but it’s clearly one of my favorites.  With the white linen yoke, silver buttons, tie waist and fun, vintage-like floral print, it’s feminine, fun and totally me.

PrimaryColors_01PrimaryColors_03

I cannot wait for the weather to start getting chilly so I can pull out all of my fall and winter favorites, including a few new pieces I picked up this weekend.  Sadly, I have to keep reminding myself that I live in California and the chances of gray, rainy weather any time soon are slim to none; but, in the meantime, I get to be creative with what I’ve got!

I hope you have a fabulous week, thanks for reading :), Kristi

• drowninmelancholy

I really try to understand people who live in hot and warm cities and want rain and snow. I live in Germany, and grey, rainy weather is part of everday-life here. I can assure you, it can be annoying after a while. And when you live here for a while, you want to flee back to sunny California :D
    Fall has arrived here since last week now. It is wet and grey every day, and the sun is hiding behind the clouds all the time and is only seen very seldom. Although I like fall, I am afraid of winter, really.
    But I love your outfit. It is cute and sporty at the same time :)

September 18, 2013 at 3:59 am Reply

Haha I am sure it is like me trying to understand people who live in beautiful gray, wet climates always wanting to be in the sun! I’m sure if we switched places we’d be happy, right?? ;)
      Fall has always been my favorite season, but you’re right, I would probably want to see more of the sun if it was ALWAYS raining, but here it feels like it is ALWAYS sunny and even that can get boring after a while :)
      Thanks for the compliment! We can swap places anytime, I’ve never been to Germany but always wanted to visit! ;)

September 18, 2013 at 8:49 am Reply
      • drowninmelancholy

Hahaha yes, my cousin from Turkey loves rain and would rather live here in Germany. Meanwhile I am also not so bothered by rain anymore, but i hate thunderstorms and the cold snow in winter. Although I am more optimistic about the winter this year, I still enjoy summer and sun the most :) Yesss, we really should swap places :D I have never been to California or the US at all. But I definitely want to go in the future :)
        In germany I can recommend you to go to Hamburg, Munich and Frankfurt. Especially Hamburg is a very rainy city, but it is my favorite. Berlin is a must for every tourist I guess, but I didn’t like it so much. I think it is very famous for partying there. I am from Stuttgart, it is also nice here, but it isn’t nearly as big a town as the other ones I mentioned. :)

September 18, 2013 at 9:00 am Reply

Yes, yes, yes to all of the above haha! I would love to visit anywhere in Germany and I’d take scenic countryside over a crowded city any day! In fact, I just finished the Hangman’s Daughter series by Oliver Potzsch which takes place in the Augsburg area and I loved his depictions of the beautiful natural scenery and historic monastery sites :)
          California also has a lot to offer aside from the touristy LA area like tons of beaches, great hiking and especially beautiful national parks (the California redwoods are amazing!) ;)
          I live in a small city in Orange County and while the suburbs can be boring, it is convenient to be so centrally located :)

September 18, 2013 at 10:57 am Reply
          • drowninmelancholy

Haven’t heard about the book, but I liked Augsburg although I didn’t see much of it. Since it is in bavaria, there are a lot of scenic landscapes. The south of Germany is known for its landscape and nature whereas the middle and the north is famous for its big cities :)
            Oooooh!!! Orance County! <3 I love the tv series o.c. california. It looks like paradise. And the redwood forest is definitely on my travel list :)

September 18, 2013 at 11:09 am

Haha yeah everyone knows “The O.C.” although that’s a far cry from my life – the shows centered in Orange County typically feature the more prominent, wealthy areas, but still it’s a beautiful place. Bavaria sounds beautiful, I’d love to visit the south of Germany (and the north, too, and so many more places in Europe)!!! :)

September 19, 2013 at 7:42 am
  • joshiphotoeye

looking beautiful in this outfit..:) :*

September 21, 2013 at 9:01 am Reply
  • whatwewear

it’s still pretty warm in Tel Aviv too!!
    We love the color combination of all the pieces here!
    xx Vera & Rony

September 22, 2013 at 9:50 am Reply

Thank you so much! And thanks for checking out my lil ‘ole blog :)

September 22, 2013 at 10:09 am Reply