Fall: Yellow, Black & Tan

September 24, 2013

Hello, friends, and Happy Autumn!  Sunday was the Autumnal Equinox, which means it is officially fall, hurray!  I know some of you are sad to say goodbye to summer, but I have always loved fall – the changing scenery, the chilly weather, going back to school and all things pumpkin flavored.  I decided to ring in the new season with some classic fall colors including yellow, tan and black.

#ootd_fall-black-and-yellow_01

I also decided that it was high time I put my new tripod (which I am in love with!) to good use and got out of my house/backyard for a photo shoot!  That’s right, I hit the local park for some greenery and falling leaves.  Whaddya think??

#ootd_fall-black-and-yellow_02

I am wearing a yellow racer-back tank top (Forever 21) front-tucked into a pair of black skinny jeans rolled at the hem (Old Navy) and belted at the waist with a tan leather belt (American Eagle, old).  I paired this outfit with tan loafers (Old Navy) and accessorized with a mini tan saddle bag shape purse (H&M), brass filigree locket necklace (Etsy), aged mix metal bangle bracelets (old) and pale pink stud earrings (H&M).  Here are the details:

#ootd_fall-black-and-yellow_03

I had a lot of fun shooting at the park and, thankfully, I mostly got smiles and just a few curious looks from passers-by.  I definitely want to get in some more practice, however, and I really want to scout around for some more fun locations.

#ootd_fall-black-and-yellow_04

It’s been really interesting for me to be in front of the camera again because I’ve gotten so used to always being behind the lens.  Being the subject and the photographer presents a whole new set of challenges, but that’s what makes it fun!  Plus, I just love learning and I am constantly looking for ways to improve.  For example, lighting was my challenge with this shoot – I wanted to shoot in the shade to avoid harsh shadows, but the background is pretty overexposed – so that’s something I want to continue to work on.

Fellow bloggers, what is your favorite thing about blogging?  Do you have any not-so-favorite parts??  As always, thanks for reading :), Kristi

You look so lovely in this ! Very charming.. I guess its the effect of fall or maybe generally also, but yellow is very flattering on you!
    Love, Wink n Pout
    Blog, App

September 24, 2013 at 2:34 pm Reply

Thank you so much!! I’ve always had trouble figuring out which shades of yellow work with my skin tone and which don’t, but this top has been one of my favorites for years! :)

September 25, 2013 at 10:12 am Reply

Oh in our experience, yellow is always a confusing color for any skin tone. It gets difficult to find an appealing one, and since you have… it is a good idea to stick to it :)

September 25, 2013 at 11:34 am Reply
  • fashioncosmopolitan

You are so lucky to have nice weather. Fall at my place means gray sky..some rain..chilly weather haha. But we will stay posetive! Well 30th september my blog will be online for 1 Month already! And there are several things I would like to change by the time. Favo things: I like to share my view..outfits.. I hope to inspire people. Not so favorite part about blogging.. hm it’s a hard world, where you have to work hard to get your head noticed But thats a wonderfull challenge in my eyes. To improve yourself every day and time more.

Greetings,

September 25, 2013 at 7:59 am Reply

Haha everyone loves sunny weather, call me crazy but I love fall weather – I want more gray skies!! :)

Congrats on reaching one month (soon)! I think being able to share views (and clothes!) with such a wonderful community of like-minded people is the best part of blogging – that and meeting people from all over the world who you never would have met otherwise!
      I love your perspective on facing readership and the daunting size of the fashion blogging community as a challenge to grow and improve – awesome outlook! Thanks for sharing :)

September 25, 2013 at 10:16 am Reply
  • Fashion Galleria

Loving this outfit. Black and brown such a very perfect matching.

September 26, 2013 at 2:00 pm Reply

Thank you so much! It’s my new favorite combination :)

September 27, 2013 at 7:25 am Reply