Morning Mist

October 1, 2013

Hello, friends, welcome to October!  I am kinda really excited about today’s outfit post for a couple reasons: 1) I have been waiting to wear this dress for what feels like forever (so, like, a week haha!) and 2) it was super misty yesterday morning and I knew that would make the perfect atmosphere for a photo shoot – yippee!

#ootd - white lace dress, military jacket, booties 01#ootd - white lace dress, military jacket, booties 02

I absolutely love misty mornings like this, too bad it is still pretty hot here and the sun burned off all the fog by 8:30 am.  Oh well, at least I got to wear my new lace detail dress!

I am wearing a white lace detail dress (H&M) with a blush hued military-inspired jacket (H&M) and olive green canvas booties (O’Neill via Ross).  I accessorized with a pair of matte gold heart shaped stud earrings (American Eagle), a vintage butterfly brooch (gift), my favorite vintage faux opal ring (Etsy) and a vintage dark emerald green Coach crossbody purse (Etsy).

#ootd - white dress, military jacket, vintage jewelry#ootd - white lace dress, military jacket, booties 04#instagram #booties

There are a lot of things I like about this outfit, but mostly I love the vintage feel of the dress, which I played up with vintage accessories.  I also love the combination of the delicate, vintage details with more modern and trendy accents like the military style jacket and booties.

I love playing with contrasts to make an outfit more interesting and add my own unique spin.  How do you like to individualize your style??  As always, thanks for reading :), Kristi

PS.  There was the cutest squirrel hanging around looking for me to give him food while I was taking pictures!  While I don’t encourage feeding wild animals, I couldn’t help snap a pic of the cutie anyway :)

squirrel

• kimmygonzales

Your shoes are to die for, and you look amazing in this outfit! :)

October 1, 2013 at 8:44 am Reply

Thank you so much!! This is my first pair of booties and I absolutely love them, but now I’ve caught the bug and I want more! ;)

October 1, 2013 at 8:53 am Reply
  • rubyangel711

The purse and boots are the perfect accessorizing pieces—brings the entire look together. LOVE!

October 1, 2013 at 9:51 am Reply

Thank you! I hunted this bag down on Etsy and I definitely want more booties like these!! :)

October 1, 2013 at 7:28 pm Reply

The weather is sure beautiful and so is your dress! We love when parkas are combined with feminine dresses! Plus that brooch is a nice touch! But can we say the squirrel took the cake? haha! Great post!

Love, Wink n Pout
    Blog, App

October 1, 2013 at 1:11 pm Reply

Thank you and I think you’re right, the squirrel was too adorable! It kept distracting me while I was taking the photos haha! The brooch was one my boyfriend’s mom found for me and I absolutely love it – it’s the sweetest! :D

October 1, 2013 at 7:32 pm Reply
  • pinsplace

That dress is crazy cute and those booties are perfect for fall.
    ;-)

October 1, 2013 at 1:24 pm Reply

Eep thank you! I actually saw this dress at H&M weeks ago, but passed it up because I was trying not to spend money, but then when I saw it again two weekends ago, I knew I couldn’t let it get away from me again (plus, it was only $20, can you believe it?!)! Thanks again :)

October 1, 2013 at 7:34 pm Reply
  • brittansalisbury

I really like how you accessorized this outfit and how it feels vintagey and modern :) great styling!

October 1, 2013 at 1:41 pm Reply

Thank you so much! I was feeling inspired for this outfit – it was definitely one of those “ah-ha” styling moments when everything came together just the way I wanted :)

October 1, 2013 at 7:35 pm Reply
  • drowninmelancholy

Somehow, you look like Keira Knightley a little bit.

October 1, 2013 at 1:56 pm Reply

Haha aw thanks!!! I’ve only gotten Kiera Knightly a couple times before, usually I get Winona Ryder and sometimes if I’m lucky I get Audrey Hepburn (who is my absolute favorite!!) :)

October 1, 2013 at 7:38 pm Reply
  • marmargerbil

I adore your booties too, and that ring is so gorgeous! I love your pairing with the dainty dress and military-inspired looks. I’m going to have to look through my closet and try something similar, thanks for the inspiration!

October 1, 2013 at 6:41 pm Reply

Thank you, thank you! I am absolutely gushing with all of these compliments!! (no, really, my boyfriend is pretty much telling me to shut up already haha!) But seriously, thank you, the ring is a favorite of mine and I am so into the fall bootie trend!! ;)

October 1, 2013 at 7:40 pm Reply
  • BeingZhenya

Absolutely love your outfit!
    Xx,
    Z

October 1, 2013 at 8:52 pm Reply

Thank you!!! :)

October 1, 2013 at 8:55 pm Reply
      • BeingZhenya

On the side note – have you always had short hair? I am debating whether to cut mine or not, and I just love how you look with your haircut!

October 1, 2013 at 8:59 pm Reply

Thank you! I’ve had my hair short for 10 years now and I absolutely love it! I cut it short waaaay back in high school and it was probably one of the best decisions I have ever made! It is super easy to style and maintain and I often get complimented on it; plus, I personally feel that short hair is very stylish on a woman ;) I think you’d look great with short hair, I say go for it! Besides, in the end, it’s just hair, it will grow back!

Ps. Sorry for the super long reply haha!
          Pps. I think a short, asymmetrical bob would be perfect for your heart-shaped face! :)

October 1, 2013 at 9:44 pm Reply
          • BeingZhenya

No you are amazing and I really appreciate the reply!
            Xx,
            Z

October 1, 2013 at 9:46 pm
  • glitzyspritzer

I lovee love loveeee your whole outfit. I agree, that mist creates a wonderful backdrop! I will be on the hunt for your booties!

October 2, 2013 at 11:25 am Reply

Thank you!!! I wish I could have featured the beautiful, misty background more, but of course I thought of a ton more great photo ideas AFTER I got back home and the mist cleared! ;)

October 2, 2013 at 11:30 am Reply
      • glitzyspritzer

Haha that is usually how it works, almost like thinking of the perfect comeback a few days later. *le sigh.

October 2, 2013 at 12:04 pm Reply
  • whatwewear

such a beautiful, romantic outfit! and the foggy setting is perfect for the photoshoot!

October 11, 2013 at 10:32 am Reply

Thank you so much! I am in love with this dress – I’ve left it hanging up in my room so I can admire it even when I’m not wearing it! ;)

October 11, 2013 at 1:33 pm Reply
  • Cute for Adventure

Those boots are so cute!!!

December 28, 2015 at 10:50 pm Reply

Thanks so much!! This outfit is probably one of my all-time faves! :)

December 30, 2015 at 9:53 pm Reply