Fall Foxes

October 11, 2013

Hello, friends!  I almost, almost titled this post “What the fox say?!”  …but I just couldn’t bring myself to do it.  I hope you’re not sad.  If you are, this should cheer you up!  ;)  (Oh, and if you have no idea what I’m talking about, you MUST. WATCH. THIS. VIDEO.)  Phew, now that that’s over, let’s check out my fun fox sweater and his favorite friend, my new boots!

fox_sweater_02

So, I had this great outfit idea for a cool boho look with these new boots, but then the weather went and got unexpectedly chilly on me (it actually rained on Wednesday, wahooo!), so I forgot all about hippie dippy stuff and practically tore my sweaters out of hibernation.  It is no secret that I love fall, but I know there are more warm temps on the way (for SoCal at least), so I am sure you will get to see my boho look soon.  In the meantime…

fox_sweater_03

I am wearing a fox knit sweater (Old Navy) front-tucked into a pair of super skinny jeans (Old Navy), which I belted at the waist with a skinny gold belt (??).  I paired this outfit with my new brown faux suede boots (Diba via DSW) and accessorized with matte gold circle stud earrings (American Eagle) and my favorite rose gold watch (Target).

fox_sweater_01

I took these photos in the super cool little nature reserve area that’s in my favorite park.  I also realized this morning that my last three photo sessions in the “outside world” were at various spots in this same park (I may have to do a little virtual tour of the park, its awesome).

Of course, while I  was meandering around looking for a good spot to park my tripod for some shameless selfies, I couldn’t help but take in the gorgeous natural scenery and snap some photos.  I hope you don’t mind that this post has fewer outfit photos and is instead about to be taken over by “nature” photography!  ;)

fall_leavesprickly_pearprickly_pear_02prickly_pear_03wildflower

The prickly pear cacti looked absolutely stunning in the early morning sunlight, but I think that perfect little wildflower stole my heart.  I love all of the sights, sounds and smells of fall – it truly is my favorite season.  I know Autumn isn’t for everyone, but what are your favorite aspects of the season??

Have a fabulous weekend!  As always, thanks for reading :), Kristi

You might also be interested in: Morning Mist // Fall: Yellow, Black & Tan

#ootd - white lace dress, military jacket, booties 02 #ootd_fall-black-and-yellow_01

• rubyangel711

Love the outfit…and the video

October 11, 2013 at 8:08 am Reply

Thank you! I know the video has been everywhere, but the song so darn catchy and hilarious, I couldn’t help myself! ;)

October 11, 2013 at 12:09 pm Reply
      • rubyangel711

OMG! I JUST overheard my children singing that song! Hilarious! Thanks for keeping me in the loop

October 11, 2013 at 2:41 pm Reply

Hahaha no problem! I try to stay hip ;)

October 11, 2013 at 9:24 pm Reply
  • whatwewear

such an adorable sweater, we love animal motifs on clothes!! beautiful photos
    xx Vera & Rony

October 11, 2013 at 10:30 am Reply

Thank you so much! I love animal prints, too! :)

October 11, 2013 at 1:32 pm Reply
  • yourfairygodmother

Love your top! Super cute!!! Sometimes Old Navy has the cutest things.

October 11, 2013 at 10:55 am Reply

Thank you! I have definitely found some gems at Old Navy! :)

October 11, 2013 at 1:34 pm Reply
  • lovelyjandl

Cute fox sweater. :)

October 11, 2013 at 11:37 am Reply
  • marmargerbil

Awww, I bought almost this exact fox sweater, but I found mine at JCP. The funny thing is I wore mine Wednesday too! I paired mine with shorts and flats since it was like 80 here in Iowa. My favorite part of the season is definitely the overload of pumpkin everything…. we’re so bombarded with it everywhere but it’s just goooooood!

October 11, 2013 at 10:36 pm Reply

Ooh your outfit sounds adorable!! I’ve heard JCP has had some really cute things lately but I keep forgetting to venture over there (cue mental note #247)! :)
      I love pumpkin flavored everything as well, but my favorite is a bomb pumpkin smoothie I make! ;)

October 11, 2013 at 10:56 pm Reply
  • drowninmelancholy

I don’t know if I should like or hate the video and the song :’D it is just so riddiculous!
    But the sweater is really cute. I am also planning to get some animal-sweaters for fall/winter.
    Fall is actually a season that I don’t dislike. To be true, the only season I don’t like is winter, because I hate snow and the cold. What I love so much about fall are all the colours of the trees and the fashion, when it is not too warm nor too cold for wearing tights :)

October 12, 2013 at 4:29 am Reply

Haha don’t worry I totally had the same reaction when I first watched the video, but I think out grows on you because it is so catchy and it is pretty funny! ;)

Yes, I think fall weather is perfect and fall fashion is my favorite, too! We don’t have a lot of changing leaves here, but it is definitely a beautiful time if year! :)

October 12, 2013 at 6:42 am Reply

PS. I don’t think I would like living in the snow either! It’s fun to visit and to play in, but I would be frozen all the time, brrrr! ;)

October 12, 2013 at 6:44 am Reply
  • theleapingllama

Prickly pear Yum! (I use to eat them all the time in Peru), Thank you for sharing :)

October 17, 2013 at 8:10 am Reply

Thank you, so glad you liked my post! I’ve eaten cactus before but never prickly pear… Although my sisters, mom and I did try (unsuccessfully) once to make prickly pear jelly haha! :)

October 17, 2013 at 9:02 am Reply