Hello, friends! Hip hip hooray, it’s time to share the results of the international Blogger Swap that I have been participating in for the past several weeks. Basically, Martyna from Spoolish and Miche from Buttons & Birdcages set up a super fun event for any blogger that wanted to participate. For this first round, ten bloggers signed up to send a fun package to a partner from around the globe filled with little fun goodies!
There were a few ideas for what to include in your package (as well as some helpful guidelines), such as crafting items, a small thrifted item, a beauty item, something handmade or something you saw that you just had to get for your partner! Sounds fun, right? IT IS!
I was partnered with Alexa from Almost a Hippy – a super cute sewing-enthusiast currently residing in London – and I could not have been more excited! Sadly, I only realized after I packaged everything for shipping that I forgot to take photos of what I sent to Alexa, but that’s okay, you can always check out her blog post (here!). But as you can tell from the picture above, my package from Alexa is more than a little awesome!! Here’s the breakdown:
- An adorable card with a really sweet note explaining each of the little gifties inside the package!
- Chocolate! Apparently Cadbury is a big English brand of chocolate, although being from California, I’m pretty much only familiar with the Cadbury bunny who hangs around every Easter clucking like chicken (told ya). Anyway, these chocolate buttons are yummy!! :)
- I love animals and animal jewelry, but I just think these owl earrings are so special with the beautiful little heart-shaped orange jewels – I can’t wait to wear them!
- OMG this gold bangle!! I love bangle bracelets, but I’m weird in that I don’t like wearing a ton (I know, that’s what they’re meant for, but I prefer to wear one at a time), so this large bangle is not only beautiful but perfect because it stands alone wonderfully! :)
- A super fun and cute thrifted vintage sewing pattern! Alexa found on my Pinterest that I love vintage sewing patterns and she found this fun vintage pattern for me – I love the gingham check print dress!
- Look, duckies! This fun duck-print fabric is just too cute for words!! I have two nephews on the way and I might just have to cook up some fun sewing project with this fabric!
- Geez, you guys, it just gets better and better – check out this gorgeous London-themed fabric! I will (guiltily) admit that I am a bit of an anglophile (I mean, those red buses and red telephone boxes and the union jack AND Harry Potter?!), so this fabric is right up my (diagon-)alley! (too much??)
- AND (last, but certainly not least) the fabric came with this awesome weekend bag sewing pattern that would just be too cool for words to make with the London fabric!!!
This swap was so much fun, not only because of the joy of getting a fun present in the mail, but because of the chance to get to know a fellow blogger and sewing enthusiast like myself from the other side of the world. How cool is that?! Doing this swap with Alexa has been delightful and I have had so much fun getting to know her through her blog and our emails and letters and I hope to continue to get to know her!
Thank you, Alexa, you are so sweet and I LOVE all of my little gifties!! Before I forget, feel free to check out the other bloggers participating in the Blogger Swap:
Alexa from Almost a Hippy (my partner)
Martyna from Spoolish
Miche from Buttons & Birdcage
Louise from Pauper to Princess
Zhenya from Being Zhenya
Sally from Charity Shop Chic
Lisa from Mrs. Fox’s Finery
Katie from Thrift Your Heart Out
As always, thanks for reading! :), Kristi