Boyfriend Jeans

November 25, 2013

Hello, friends!  I hope you are all refreshed from the weekend and ready for Monday because, between you and me, I am NOT.  But I am dressed, and that is something!  ;)

#ootd_boyfriendjeans_01

I actually threw this look together rather quickly because I knew I wanted to wear my boyfriend jeans and then dress them up a bit with some heels.  Add a dark top and a couple snazzy accessories to go with the “heightened” look and Voila!  Today’s outfit was born!

#ootd_boyfriendjeans_02

(PS.  It’s a good thing it only took me two tries to get this last shot because jumping up on this counter after hitting the shutter with only 10 seconds on the timer was a feat, lemme tell you!)

#ootd_boyfriendjeans_03

Okay, on to the details.  The outfit: olive green sweater (H&M, from their basic collection) // boyfriend jeans (American Eagle, skinny fit) // tan leather belt (American Eagle, old) // platform heel booties (Crown Vintage via DSW) // owl earrings (gift from Alexa) // acorn pendant necklace (Etsy, shop ArtWark)

#ootd_boyfriendjeans_04

I have to say that olive green might just be my new favorite color for this season.  It makes such a great neutral and is a nice deep hue without being too dark (I don’t personally wear a ton of black or dark colors).  This sweater is also so comfortable and has such a nice slouchy boyfriend style fit that I wouldn’t be surprised if I end up living in it this year!

Also, a quick shout-out and thanks again to Alexa (from Almost a Hippy) for these owl earrings!  They are absolutely adorable and are the perfect accessory to jazz up my fall wardrobe!!  :)

#ootd_boyfriendjeans_05

Oh, and can we take a second to talk about these shoes?!  I’ve worn them once or twice on the blog before, but they are seriously some of my favorite shoe purchases ever.  They were fairly expensive shoes that I remember getting on a whim because they were on clearance and I had another $20 or $25 off, and I have not regretted it since.  Yes, they are a bit ridiculous.  Yes, they are super tall.  BUT, they are actually comfortable and they are just SO FUN!

Okay, thanks for listening to my rant!  Have a fabulous week, my friends and, as always, thanks for reading!  Kristi :)

• Yes Missy

Well paired with the shoes! Cute outfit!
    Cheers,
    Eileen

November 25, 2013 at 10:49 am Reply
  • Julie (skinnyjeansandchaneldreams)

Love those shoes!

November 25, 2013 at 11:17 am Reply
  • Alexa

I’m so pleased that my gifts are actually being enjoyed. Such a well put together outfit, especially on a Monday morning. I wish I had that skill when I’m half asleep and not wanting to start a new week!

November 26, 2013 at 2:35 am Reply

Haha thank you, getting dressed in the morning is my favorite way to fight the “Mondays!” ;)
      And I absolutely love the earrings and the bangle!! :)

November 26, 2013 at 8:43 am Reply
  • GlitzySpritzer

Love the jeans! Haha I know what you mean about the shutter, oh the struggles of a fashion blogger.
    xx

November 26, 2013 at 10:10 am Reply

Thank you!! I knew my fellow fashion bloggers would appreciate the difficulty of that pose haha! I swear half my pictures are either with my eyes closed or still asjusting something! ;)

November 26, 2013 at 10:19 am Reply
  • web page

I seriously love your website.. Excellent colors & theme.

Did you make this amazing site yourself? Please reply back as I’m wanting to create my own personal
    site and want to learn where you got this from or just what
    the theme is called. Cheers!

December 23, 2013 at 1:09 pm Reply

Hi! Thank you so much!! I am using the “Able” theme from WordPress and I created the header myself. I am so glad you like it, I am always tempted to keep changing things up, but there are so many fun and different ways to style a personal website that I have a hard time deciding which direction to go! ;)

December 27, 2013 at 7:46 am Reply