My Trip to Utah

January 24, 2014

Hello, friends!  As you may have read, I traveled to Utah this past holiday weekend to visit one of my very best friends, Ashley, and her family.  I had an amazing whirlwind of a trip!  In fact, I had so much fun that I hardly took any pictures; but, don’t worry, I still took plenty of pictures of the gorgeous snowy state to share with you!

UtahTrip_001

Oh, and I went to Cracker Barrel for the very first time!  It is such a small world that when I met up with one of my college friends last month, she mentioned that she was moving to Utah for a job that wasn’t far from Spanish Fork.  So, we met up for brunch while I was visiting and I had some delicious french toast at Cracker Barrel.  Meet my friend Saeko:

UtahTrip_002

(We were trying to get the mountains in the background, but mostly we just got the parking lot…)  Here are some more scenic photos.  This first batch is from the fun walking trail that runs right by my friend’s house along the Spanish Fork River.  We took her son, Dean, and her dog, Lina, for a walk my first afternoon/evening in town.

UtahTrip_003UtahTrip_004UtahTrip_005UtahTrip_006UtahTrip_007UtahTrip_008UtahTrip_009UtahTrip_010

This next group of photos is from our cross-country skiing adventure.  I have never done any type of skiing so it took a while for me to get the hang of it, but I think toward the end I was able to figure out the pizza slice for going slowly down hills haha!  I had a lot of fun, but I did get pretty cold.  What can I say, I’m from Southern California.  ;)

UtahTrip_011UtahTrip_012UtahTrip_013

I also took some family photos for my friend.  Aren’t they just the most adorable little family?!  Here’s my friend, Ashley, her husband, Karl, and their son, Dean:

UtahTrip_014UtahTrip_015

Dean is such a cutie with that red hair, and a charmer, too!  I already miss spending time with Ashley and her family and of course the gorgeous mountains and snow in Utah.  I guess I will just have to plan another trip soon!

Thanks, Ashley, for a wonderful trip and thank you for reading!  :), Kristi

• marmargerbil

What gorgeous pics all around! I love the mountains, and I love Cracker Barrel more! haha

January 24, 2014 at 7:25 am Reply

Thank you!! I love the mountains as well and Cracker Barrel was delicious AND adorable! ;)

January 24, 2014 at 7:31 am Reply
  • Ashley

I loved having you visit, it was a blast and I miss you! :)

January 24, 2014 at 8:13 am Reply

Love the beautiful, snow covered mountains. Oh and yes, Cracker Barrel is a fun place to eat; my coworkers and I drive to the next town over for lunch sometimes. Looks like you had an amazing time :)

January 24, 2014 at 8:55 am Reply

Thank you! I was mostly excited to try Cracker Barrel because I see their commercials ALL THE TIME, but they don’t have any in California!!! It was worth it ;)

January 24, 2014 at 9:22 am Reply
  • brittansalisbury

Looks so fun! Utah is a really beautiful state, I fell in love with it when visiting Zion National Park!
    I had to laugh when you talked about the skiing “pizza”. That was ALL I thought about when I last went skiing… the “pizza” and the “french fries” ( for going fast)
    Glad you had a good time! Xo

January 24, 2014 at 9:49 am Reply

Hahaha yeah I was having a little trouble with the pizza slice until a super nice man saw me struggling (i.e. falling on my butt) and gave me some tips!
      I loved Utah and I so want to see more of the state (like Zion)! :)

January 24, 2014 at 10:14 am Reply
  • SweetCandyDreamer

Lovely pictures :-) xx

January 24, 2014 at 10:04 pm Reply
  • whatwewear

beautiful photos! looks like it was a lovely trip!

January 27, 2014 at 9:56 am Reply

Thank you so much!! I had a blast and I cannot wait to go back! :)

January 27, 2014 at 10:30 am Reply

How did I miss this!? The boots are so cute :) And I LOVEEE the plaid dress!

March 20, 2014 at 4:36 pm Reply

Thaaaaank you! Haha I don’t know how you missed it, but I do the same thing, so many blogs, so little time ;)
      I love this plaid dress, too! It was hands down my favorite winter buy – thrifted J. Crew shirt dress for $3!!!! :)

March 20, 2014 at 4:53 pm Reply