{Romeo & Jules} Thrift Style Thursday – Winter White

January 30, 2014

Hello, friends, Happy Thursday!  I have been waiting and waiting to wear this dress all winter long; so, as soon as I heard the theme for this post, I knew this was my chance!  I think you’ll approve:

ThriftStyleThursday_WinterWhite_text

I also had a free afternoon the other day, which meant I was able to spend a little more time on the photo shoot, not that it really helped.  I did play around with the settings a bit, however, to get this nice warm color tone, and I found this fun spot with the “graffiti.”  I like to think that the “artist” is a Shakespeare fan and the R and J stand for Romeo and Juliet, making me the modern day heroine, obviously.  Just call me Jules ;)

ThriftStyleThursday_WinterWhite_01I’ve worn this dress only once on the blog before (also one of my favorite posts, here), but it is one of my favorite dresses, for obvious reasons.  I just love all of the lace detailing and I think the romantic feel fits perfectly with the tragic teenage love affair. Although, I like to think that a more modern Juliet would have some spunk (she does disobey her parents and sneak around with a bad boy, after all), so the tough motorcycle boots and hefty belt add some much needed contrast and masculine edge.

ThriftStyleThursday_WinterWhite_03

Did you check out that jacket??  It is another awesome “pre-thrifted” item that I shopped from my mom’s closet cast-off’s.  Before you wonder how she could have gotten rid of such an adorable jacket, you must understand that 1) my mom has a lot of clothes, and 2) my mom has several denim jackets.  Plus, by my keeping this particular jean jacket, she can still borrow it back any time she wants!  Here’s another peek at the embroidery on the back:

ThriftStyleThursday_WinterWhite_04

Let’s get to the details: white dress – H&M // white denim jacket – “pre-thrifted” from Mom :) // dark gray leggings – Victoria’s Secret (old) // brown leather boots – Target (old) // brown leather belt – thrifted // brown mini tooled leather purse – Forever 21 // white peace sign bracelet – gift // brown leather bracelet – old

ThriftStyleThursday_WinterWhite_05

I also have to give a quick mention to the amazing brown leather belt I am wearing, which is also thrifted.  My friend, Ashley, found this for me in Utah while we were shopping at one of the largest thrift stores I have ever been to, ever.  It is a Deseret Industries store, which is a popular thrift store chain in Utah, and this particular location was in Provo.  The belt itself was only $3, and it has the prettiest hand-tooled floral design along with a super fun, huge buckle.  Howdy!  ;)

ThriftStyleThursday_WinterWhite_02 ThriftStyleThursday_WinterWhite_06

Please don’t forget to check out the other gorgeous thrifting ladies and their posts, as well:

Zhenya // Being Zhenya
Martyna // Spoolish
Miche // Buttons and Birdcages
Nout // Sandpaper Kisses
Justine // The Two Cent Chick
Jackline // Sincerely Miss J
by Alex // Snippets with Alex
Megan // Eclecticity

I hope you have a fabulous day and, as always, thanks for reading :), Kristi

Super pretty! Great look!
    -Alex of http://snippetswithalex.wordpress.com

January 30, 2014 at 7:54 am Reply
  • toopretty12

Reblogged this on The Pretty Canary.

January 30, 2014 at 10:24 am Reply
  • sistasfromcali

You look great! I love the detail on the jacket. Also, your pictures look great! the background is nice. Awesome Job!

January 30, 2014 at 10:49 am Reply

Thank you so much!! I had a lot of fun with this shoot even though the lighting was tricky :)

January 30, 2014 at 10:56 am Reply

Kristi!!!! love this outfit! The dress is so darling and I can’t believe how gorgeous the stitching is on the jacket! Everything works perfectly together (and I never thought to wear grey tights with white clothes – I am really smitten with that color combination. Xoxo

January 30, 2014 at 12:05 pm Reply

Thank you!!! These great leggings are actually pretty old but they are so thick and comfy, I looove them! And I love gray & white, it’s one of my favorite color combos! :)

January 30, 2014 at 12:08 pm Reply

Darn you and your creative places for photo shoots and gorgeous outfits!!!!! Haha no actually I adore this look. That belt sure is purdy, definitely something I would wear :) And what a splendid price! The dress is gorgeous, the jacket is so cute and unique, and the boots and tights look ultra comfy. Lovely look, as usual!

January 30, 2014 at 3:34 pm Reply

Golly jeepers, thanks, I am blushing!! I like how we both wore white dresses with lace (& Miche, too!), so much fun to get a little more dressed up in the middle of the week! ;)

January 30, 2014 at 4:17 pm Reply
  • BeingZhenya

I absolutely adore your look! Such a beautiful white dress!
    ~Z

January 30, 2014 at 7:12 pm Reply
  • Miche (@JustLikeMiche)

That coat seriously is adorable! Glad you were able to rescue it from your mom lol! Also, the details in this outfit are beautiful! Great photos!
    Miche from Buttons and Birdcages

February 1, 2014 at 9:56 am Reply

Thank you so much! I was inspired by the outfit, which really made it easy ;)

February 2, 2014 at 8:04 am Reply
  • Winter (Snow) White {Thrift Style Thursday} | The Thrifty Girl's Guide

[…] Romes & Jules from Kristi at Alligator Toe  […]

November 8, 2014 at 7:53 am Reply
  • Your comments make my day, let me know what you think! :)