Mad About Plaid – Thrift Style Thursday

February 20, 2014

Hello, friends!  Today’s theme for Thrift Style Thursday is pattern and I could not be more excited.  The obvious dilemma for me, however, was choosing which pattern to showcase.  I absolutely love patterns of all kinds – from polka dots to stripes to florals – but I decided to share my favorite winter pattern today, plaid!

#TST-plaid-black-jeans_01 copy

I love plaid.  Plaid shirts, plaid dresses, plaid skirts, plaid everything!  So, when I found this plaid shirt at my friend’s local thrift shop in Utah, I just couldn’t pass it up.  I mean, what if the six other plaid shirts (and two plaid dresses, two plaid skirts, one plaid coat AND a pair of plaid boots) in my closet were lonely??  I couldn’t have that!  ;)

#TST-plaid-black-jeans_02

I went for a very casual look, but I had a lot of fun with my accessories, adding earrings, rings, a bracelet and a necklace, not to mention my newest favorite belt, which I found at another thrift store in Utah.

#TST-plaid-black-jeans_03

I was also having fun playing around with all of the different ways to wear this plaid shirt – tucked in, buttoned, unbuttoned, and tied around my waist.  I can see this shirt quickly becoming a very versatile piece in my wardrobe, and I have a feeling I will be wearing it year-round.

#TST-plaid-black-jeans_04

What I’m wearing: plaid shirt (thrifted) // white t-shirt (Old Navy) // black skinny jeans (Old Navy) // neutral western-style booties (gift) // tooled leather belt (thrifted) // mixed metal heart necklace (American Eagle) // metal washer and leather bracelet (gift) // black and silver stacking rings (H&M) // green stone silver ring (gift)

#TST-plaid-black-jeans_05

What is your favorite pattern to wear??  To see what patterns my fellow Thrift Style Thursday ladies are stylin’, don’t forget to check out their blogs, too!  (links below)

Zhenya // Being Zhenya
Martyna // Spoolish
Miche // Buttons and Birdcages
Nout // Sandpaper Kisses
Justine // The Two Cent Chick
Jackline // Sincerely Miss J
by Alex // Snippets with Alex
Megan // Eclecticity
Sheri // Confessions of a Refashionista

As always, thanks for reading :), Kristi

• Confessions of a Refashionista

Total cowgirl chic! & I’m completely smitten with that fantastic belt buckle! :D

February 20, 2014 at 7:24 am Reply

Haha thanks! I didn’t realize this outfit came off so cowgirl until I was editing the photos; oh well, I’m definitely okay with that (I guess I’ve been watching too much “Justified”)!
      And I looooooove this belt buckle. My friend found this belt at a thrift store for me to sell in my Etsy shop, but I couldn’t part with it! ;)

February 20, 2014 at 7:29 am Reply
  • Fashion Galleria

what a chic and cool outfit. Love your combination.

February 20, 2014 at 7:53 am Reply

Thank you so much! I’m so glad you like it :)

February 20, 2014 at 8:01 am Reply
  • spoolish

Yeehaw! (In a good way lol) It is totally cowgirl but it also totally works. And excuse me but is this the making of a photo studio I’m seeing?! If so, I’m so totally jealous! My dream is to have a backdrop and lights set up along with a iMac ready for editing. My dream also includes a $3000 camera and a giant personal darkroom but that’s another story…
    Anyways great photos and I’m loving the changes on the blog, way to go!

February 20, 2014 at 10:56 am Reply

Hahaha thank you, I will take that as a compliment! ;)
      Yes, this is the same studio I featured in my “Working Girl” post, another behind the scenes look. Sadly, it’s not my studio but I’m pretty lucky I have free access to it pretty much anytime I want! :)
      And thank you!! I have been working really hard on redesigning my site, I’m glad you like it! :)

February 20, 2014 at 12:04 pm Reply
  • emilygeraghty

Am I crazy or is your layout new? Maybe I’m just crazy. But anyway, it’s cute. And cute outfit! I’m from the midwest and dig the country vibes. Also I want to get in on this Thrift Style Thursdays deal if I can!!!

February 20, 2014 at 11:27 am Reply

Hey, sorry I didn’t see your comment earlier, WordPress nabbed it as spam!!! Anyway, yes the layout is new, thank you! Also, glad you approve of the country vibes! ;)
      And it would be so great if you joined Thrift Style Thursdays!! This Thursday’s theme is “monochrome.” We’re all on twitter where we come up with the weekly themes, so if you follow @BeingZhenya, she’s our organizer and she posts the “schedule” :)

February 24, 2014 at 8:52 pm Reply
      • emilygeraghty

Yaaaay I’ll send her a message! I probably wont be able to this week but next week yeeees

February 26, 2014 at 12:18 pm Reply

Awwwwesome! Haha yeah I won’t be posting tomorrow either, but so exited you’re joining in, it’s tons of fun! :)

February 26, 2014 at 4:10 pm Reply

I am so obsessed with plaid lately, I just got this new flannel shirt that I’m trying not to wear every day… :)

February 20, 2014 at 11:27 am Reply

Haha love it! I totally get that way too when I find a new item that I love! ;)

February 20, 2014 at 12:54 pm Reply

Gah…love!! Seriously adorable. And that belt really speaks to me…cowgirl chic?! I think yes :)

February 20, 2014 at 2:54 pm Reply

Hahaha thank you!! I’m glad you approve of my “cowgirl” look! ;)

February 20, 2014 at 7:54 pm Reply
  • Lysa@MonkeyAndSquish

Loving the third photo, untucked and unbuttoned, LOVE it!!! Plaid is also one of my favorite prints. Loving your mixed metal heart necklace too.

February 22, 2014 at 8:29 pm Reply

Thank you!!! That’s how I wear this shirt most often, especially over graphic T’s, and the necklace is one of my favorites! :)

February 22, 2014 at 8:59 pm Reply
  • Plaid Love | Thrift Style Thursday | Alligator Toe

[…] been reading my blog at all, then you might know how much I loooooove plaid!  There is evidence here, here, here AND here.  I also have a vintage plaid coat, a handmade plaid skirt, and I even used […]

August 21, 2014 at 7:43 am Reply
  • Patterns {Thrift Style Thursday} | The Thrifty Girl's Guide

[…] Mad About Plaid from Kristi at Alligator Toe  […]

November 5, 2014 at 5:43 pm Reply
  • Your comments make my day, let me know what you think! :)