Getting Caught in the Rain

March 3, 2014

Hello, friends!  It rained a lot this past week/weekend and I LOVED it!  Have I mentioned how much I love the rain??  It is probably only because it’s such a novelty here in Southern California, but I love the beautiful gray skies, the sound it makes pattering on the roof and the big, splish-splashy puddles.

Sammydress-chambray-tunic_01Sammydress-chambray-tunic_02bSammydress-chambray-tunic_03Sammydress-chambray-tunic_04Sammydress-chambray-tunic_05Sammydress-chambray-tunic_06Tretorn-rain-boots

I had so much fun wearing this tunic dress and splashing around in my rain boots.  Rain always brings out the little kid in me – I get so excited and I just can’t wait to run outside, get wet and tired, and then come back inside to cozy up and listen to the rain.  I got this chambray tunic dress from Sammydress and it’s my first time trying their products.  They have a ton of cute things on their site and I am happy to report that I LOVE my new dress.  The quality is better than I expected for the price (think Forever 21), the fit is perfect (they supply measurements for all their garments on the site), and it is just so stinkin’ cute!  I absolutely love the peter pan style collar, the beautiful embroidery detail on the front, the row of buttons up the back, and, oh yeah, did I mention it has pockets?!

Details: chambray tunic dress (c/o Sammydress, here) // gray leggings (Victoria’s Secret, old) // olive Tretorn rain boots (MyHabit) // rings (gifts), knuckle ring (handmade) // giant yellow & white umbrella (super old)

As always, thanks for reading!  Kristi

PS.  If you follow me on Instagram, you may also have noticed that my mom decided to join my photoshoot yesterday.  She had fun photo-bombing my pictures, but she did admit that it’s hard work taking photos of yourself!  ;)

mom-photo-bomb

• marcyjb

TOO cute! xo

March 3, 2014 at 8:06 am Reply
  • Jackie and Marilyn

Love it! So excited for Minnesota to hit springtime and for rain to be back – I’m jealous of your weather! And the outfit is so adorable :) – Brianna

March 3, 2014 at 8:23 am Reply

Thank you, Brianna! I cannot even imagine living somewhere as cold as Minnesota, although I’m sure winter is beautiful and snowy there!
      Thanks so much for stopping by, commenting and following, off to check out your blog! :)

March 3, 2014 at 9:07 am Reply

Such an adorable umbrella :)

March 3, 2014 at 8:50 am Reply

Thanks! My family has had it for years, I love the giant old thing haha! :)

March 3, 2014 at 9:08 am Reply

I absolutely love that dress! :)
    -Alex of http://snippetswithalex.wordpress.com

March 3, 2014 at 10:08 am Reply

Thanks! I’ve been looking for something just like it for ages, I’m so glad I finally found it on Sammydress, I love it! :)

March 3, 2014 at 11:14 am Reply

Love the tunic and the rainboots – I might need to get me some new ones;) I heard on NPR today that California finally got some rain. It’s raining (freezing rain and sleet) here too.

March 3, 2014 at 2:12 pm Reply

Thank you! This is my first pair of real rain boots and I love them!! And yes California is finally getting some rain which we desperately needed! :)

March 3, 2014 at 2:42 pm Reply
  • Julie Marie

Your dress is super cute! Great photos! Xx

March 3, 2014 at 2:20 pm Reply
  • pinsplace

That dress is adorable!

March 3, 2014 at 2:30 pm Reply

Ugh I just how so many things to say about how much I love this post. I, too, adore the rain!!! The smells, the sounds, all of it. I would kill for a nice spring rain instead of this horrid snow :) The tunic dress is so you, and really, really cute. The detail on the front and the buttons on the back are so unexpected, yet perfect. I was surprised to see that this is from Sammydress, but I’m glad to know that you think the quality is good for the price. And also, like Nout said, I definitely need a pair of rain boots, asap. I’ve rambled enough, good day to you friend :)

March 3, 2014 at 4:12 pm Reply

Hahaha ramble away, I tend to ramble, too! And I just love, love, love the rain and people who love the rain, too!! ;)
      Thank you, I am in love with this dress and so pleased with the quality, I will definitely be looking for more trendy pieces from Sammydress!! Good luck on your hunt for rain boots, I’m sure you will find something amazing (and for an amazing deal, too!) :)

March 3, 2014 at 5:23 pm Reply
  • Fashion Galleria

Beautiful photos and you are so nice. I really love the tonic dress. :-D

March 5, 2014 at 5:06 am Reply
  • drowninmelancholy

Hey, I like reading your blog, that’s why I nominated you for the Liebster Award. Check it out here: http://drowninmelancholy.wordpress.com/2014/03/06/liebster-award-2/
    I would be glad if you participated

March 5, 2014 at 3:34 pm Reply

Thank you so much, you are the sweetest! I am honored!! :)

March 5, 2014 at 4:09 pm Reply