A Walk in the Park

March 24, 2014

Hello, friends, Happy Monday!  I hope you all had a lovely weekend.  I worked this weekend, but Sunday I was able to spend some time after work with Derek’s family and later went for a walk in the park with my mom and our doggies.  The weather has been absolutely beautiful here lately, and everyone is taking full advantage of it, myself included!

T-shirt-pattern-leggings-Nike-shoes_01T-shirt-pattern-leggings-Nike-shoes_02T-shirt-pattern-leggings-Nike-shoes_03

The details: charcoal gray T-shirt dress (H&M) // aztec pattern leggings (swap meet in Vegas) // neon green jacket (New Balance via Burlington Coat Factory) // hot pink Nike Free Flyknit tennis shoes (Nike Factory Store) // hot pink headband (Target)

T-shirt-pattern-leggings-Nike-shoes_05T-shirt-pattern-leggings-Nike-shoes_04

I am in love with these super soft, fun leggings and I cannot believe I got two pairs for only $15!  I am also so completely stoked over my newest pair of tennis shoes!!  I found these amazing, barefoot shoes at the Nike Factory Store in Las Vegas.  These shoes retail for $130, but I got them on sale for only $60, which probably still sounds expensive, but they are definitely worth it.

What items in your closet are you willing to spend a little extra for extra quality??

As always, thanks for reading!  – Kristi :)

PS. A special thanks to my mom for acting as photographer and taking these photos, you’re the best!!  :)

So cute! :)
    -Alex of http://snippetswithalex.com

March 24, 2014 at 7:37 am Reply
  • sistasfromcali

We love your leggings! They are cute and funky and a steal.

March 24, 2014 at 8:10 am Reply

Thank you, ladies! I am so I’m love with them, they are super soft and comfy and I am so tempted to get more!! :)

March 24, 2014 at 1:33 pm Reply

This is such a super fun look !! Absolutely love it!! It is so peppy.. seriously feels like spring is here :)

March 24, 2014 at 12:12 pm Reply

Thank you, I FEEL peppy when I wear these leggings haha!! ;)

March 24, 2014 at 1:34 pm Reply

OMGOMGOMGOMG so many cute puppies!!

March 24, 2014 at 12:51 pm Reply

Hahaha thanks! We get a lot of looks when we take them for walks and people asking if we’re dog walkers, but nope, they’re all ours!! ;)

March 24, 2014 at 1:35 pm Reply
  • fashionforlunch

love your outfit!

March 24, 2014 at 1:51 pm Reply
  • drowninmelancholy

I think 60 Dollars for Nike shoes is okay.

March 24, 2014 at 2:01 pm Reply

It’s certainly reasonable for Nikes, it’s more than I like to spend on clothes or shoes, but for really quality running shoes like these, I think it’s worth the extra. :)

March 24, 2014 at 2:27 pm Reply
      • drowninmelancholy

Yes, I think the same. For shoes, it should be good quality, because you have feel comfortable in them. I hate shoes which are expensive, but not comfortable at all. Had many like those. That’s probably why I hate buying shoes :’D But when it comes to the rest of clothes shopping, I also try to spend as little money as possible :)

March 24, 2014 at 2:40 pm Reply

You are so adorable!!!!! Those leggings are fabulous!

March 24, 2014 at 2:26 pm Reply
  • Erika ~ Erika's Style Diary

You totally rock those leggings! I’ve been afraid to get in with that trend. What a fun day at the park and the weather looked so nice. Your dogs are so cute and it’s super impressive that you can juggle all 4 of them. :)

March 24, 2014 at 9:27 pm Reply

Thank you!! I was definitely hesitant if the crazy legging trend at first, too, but they’re just too fun and comfy not to wear! It was a great walk in the park, but believe me, as soon as we finished the pictures, my mom took two dogs and I took two haha! ;)

March 25, 2014 at 6:59 am Reply
  • lifeunrefined

I definitely think shoes and coats are worth the investment, as well as classic handbags. :)

Jen

March 25, 2014 at 8:32 pm Reply

Yes, shoes are definitely something I’m willing to spend more on for a quality pair that I know will last. But I do still love my cheap, trendy sandals and sneaks, too! ;)

March 25, 2014 at 9:40 pm Reply
  • SweetCandyDreamer

Looks like a fun walk! Cute doggies!!

March 25, 2014 at 11:18 pm Reply
  • buttonsandbirdcages

You are so freakin cute! I’m jealous of your nice weather, it literally snowed here on Tuesday! As for spending more on some things, I think jeans.. I’ve definitely learned that spending a little extra gets better quality, a better fit, and jeans that last longer!
    Miche from Buttons and Birdcages

March 27, 2014 at 9:54 am Reply

Thank you! We are definitely blessed with amazing weather here!!
      Jeans are a great item to spend on and usually worth it. Although, for me personally, I tend to “love and leave” my jeans – I will wear a pair obsessively one week and then suddenly fall in love with a different pair the next week, so I am always rotating denim. Plus, I’m tough on my jeans; very few pairs have lasted me very long, whether they were quality or not haha! :)

March 27, 2014 at 10:30 am Reply