Thrift Style Thursday: Spring Pinks

April 3, 2014

Hello, friends, Happy Thursday!  Today is my day off so I am doubly excited to have a super fun spring outfit to show you today AND the chance to get some stuff done, including (hopefully) some upcoming blog posts.  Before I jump the gun, however, let’s get back to today’s post!

Thrift-Style-Thursday-plaid-vintage-cutoff-shorts_title

While perusing my closet for an appropriate outfit for this week’s “Pretty in Pink” theme, I realized that I actually have a lot more pink than I first thought.  Then I realized that I already wore my two thrifted – and refashioned – pink dresses in two previous Thrift Style Thursdays (which you can see here and here).  Luckily, I also have this super fun vintage plaid shirt with bold pink stripes that I picked up on a trip to Boulder, CO, at a vintage shop in their trendy main street area.

Thrift-Style-Thursday-plaid-vintage-cutoff-shorts_02Thrift-Style-Thursday-plaid-vintage-cutoff-shorts_03

Outfit details: vintage plaid shirt (vintage shop in Boulder, CO) // cutoff denim shorts (DIY from a thrifted pair of jeans) // chambray tennis shoes (Target) // pink bandana (old) // pastel pink skinny belt (borrowed) // neon pink stud earrings (H&M) // pink leather watch (old) // colorful bead bracelets (old) // braided bracelet (handmade)

Thrift-Style-Thursday-plaid-vintage-cutoff-shorts_04Thrift-Style-Thursday-plaid-vintage-cutoff-shorts_05Thrift-Style-Thursday-plaid-vintage-cutoff-shorts_06

This edition of Thrift Style Thursday is just a teensy bit special because it is the first theme chosen by YOU – or at least whoever voted for this month’s themes!  That’t right, in case you missed the previous announcement, we are now letting our readers choose our Thrift Style Thursday themes each month, and you can vote for next month’s themes over on Sheri’s “Gone Thrifting” page, right here.  So, go vote to decide what themes we’ll be styling in May!

While you’re at it, don’t forget to check out the other Thrift Style Thursday ladies and their pink ensembles:

Zhenya // Being Zhenya
Martyna // Spoolish
Miche // Buttons and Birdcages
Nout // Sandpaper Kisses
Justine // The Two Cent Chick
Jackline // Sincerely Miss J
Alex // Snippets with Alex
Megan // Eclecticity
Sheri // Confessions of a Refashionista
Jacki & Lesli // Sistas from Cali
Erika // Erika’s Style Diary

I hope you have a fabulous weekend and, as always, thanks for reading!  – Kristi :)

• buttonsandbirdcages

LOVE that plaid top! It’s definitely time for spring outfits and I’m happy to see that we both got to rock shorts this week!
    Miche from Buttons and Birdcages

April 3, 2014 at 8:32 am Reply

Thank you, and YES! It has been a strange, windy, hot/cold week here weather-wise, but it is supposed to actually get hot this weekend – yippee! ;)

April 3, 2014 at 8:33 am Reply
  • Confessions of a Refashionista

I am in awe of your uber clever bandana-in-the-back-pocket-as-accessory idea! Fabtastic! :D

April 3, 2014 at 8:58 am Reply

Haha thanks! I just thought I needed some more pink and remembered my pink bandana – it’s actually a rather practical accessory with a million uses! ;)

April 3, 2014 at 9:02 am Reply
  • Erika ~ Erika's Style Diary

Cute shirt! That was a great idea with the bandana! I also love your watch and bracelets. Fabulous accessorizing! :)

April 3, 2014 at 9:17 am Reply

Thank you so much! This shirt is one of my favorite vintage pieces!! :)

April 3, 2014 at 9:32 am Reply
  • fashionforlunch

love the look!

April 3, 2014 at 11:30 am Reply

Work them shorts, girl :) The top is so adorable and so you…I love when you wear plaid! I love how the colors all work so well together. P.S. did you get those shoes from Target this year?! So cute!

April 3, 2014 at 4:04 pm Reply

Hahaha thanks, I will not lie, I am not one to hide my… assets! ;)
      I’m glad you are lovin’ my plaid becuase I definitely wear it a lot! And I DID get these tennis shoes from Target just last month, and I LOVE them! You should look for them at your local store! :)

April 3, 2014 at 4:07 pm Reply

I love the your shirt! the lovely colors remind me of a bag of skittles or something;) very springy!

April 3, 2014 at 6:09 pm Reply

Hahaha thanks! I love the colors of this shirt, too, they somehow just work! ;)

April 3, 2014 at 9:56 pm Reply

Great pick! You look lovely! :)
    -Alex of http://snippetswithalex.com

April 3, 2014 at 6:43 pm Reply
  • BeingZhenya

You are so adorable Kristi! Love the look! Need to catch up on your blog now :)
    ~Zhenya

April 3, 2014 at 6:59 pm Reply

Thanks! And ditto!! I feel like I’ve got to catch up on everyone’s blogs! :)

April 3, 2014 at 9:58 pm Reply
  • marmargerbil

Aw, that plaid top is a major keeper! The pattern, the cut: love it. I’m jealous you’re in shorts! I wore shorts this week but sadly I had still had tights on underneath. Soon though!

April 4, 2014 at 8:03 am Reply

Thank you, this shirt I’d definitely a keeper!! ;)
      Yeah, I didn’t get to wear shorts for long, the wind kicked up and it got chilly again, but it’s supposed to be warm this weekend! :)

April 4, 2014 at 12:19 pm Reply

haha! Happens… we do not realize how much of a color we have.. until a moment like this. And we really like your shirt… and the little details like the pink watch, bracelets and handkerchief all look really cute…

Love, Wink n Pout
    Blog , App

April 4, 2014 at 2:53 pm Reply

Totally! Thank you, I’m glad you enjoyed all the details!! :)

April 4, 2014 at 4:09 pm Reply
  • Ashley Rose

IT’s really an adorable plaid shirt, I like how it looks on you, very pretty. Love your pick. Thanks for giving me an idea for this weekend. I will try to make my own theme with just bought Floral and Stripe Contrast Print Shirt and denim shorts.
    Thanks for sharing wonderful outfit!

April 5, 2014 at 8:09 am Reply

Thank you, Ashley!! I’m so glad I could inspire you, I’d love to see what you come up with! :)

April 5, 2014 at 3:51 pm Reply
      • Ashley Rose

I would love to link your store from mine that will help our visitors to get around. Would also like you to reciprocate. What you think?

April 6, 2014 at 12:40 am Reply

Sure, I would love to talk about promoting both of our sites/stores! Why don’t you send me an email with some more details at alligatortoe@gmail.com? Thanks! :)

April 6, 2014 at 7:20 am Reply
  • Jackie

Okay, I am totally jealous that your wearing shorts! I really love the laid back look and all the spring accents!! See you next week for grudge!!

April 7, 2014 at 4:22 pm Reply

Haha thanks!! I’m not gonna lie, the weather has been beautiful here! :)
      See you Thursday, I’m actually looking forward to seeing everyone’s grunge look!! ;)

April 7, 2014 at 4:27 pm Reply