Hello, friends! I have a bit of a fun/silly post for you today, it’s my take on the “What’s In My Purse” post! I love reading these types of posts because I always wonder if everyone else carries the same amount of
crap stuff that I do; so, after reading Justine’s post (here, on her blog The Two Cent Chick), I decided to create one of my own. Except, more often than not, I carry around a backpack rather than a purse, so here’s my version instead!
Lately, my backpack of choice has been this cute little Roxy mini backpack that I picked up on clearance from Sport Chalet several months ago. It has been my go-to bag because it holds a lot of stuff, but it isn’t so huge that it gets too heavy.
The front pocket:
- Cellphone – I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 phone in an old Minnie Mouse sleeve I bought at Disneyland years ago that is slowly falling apart, but I love it so I will keep using it until it disintegrates.
- Pen (and pencil) – I always have a pen on me because, well, they are always coming in handy. I sometimes carry a pencil as well, just in case.
- Sunglasses – I live in Southern California, it’s almost always sunny, so these are always on hand. Sadly, my most favorite pair of mint sunnies broke recently, but this pink and tortoise shell pair does the job.
- 16 gb USB drive – I often need one for work and sundry; boring, but useful.
- Chapsticks – Yes, I carry three chapsticks with me at all times. My classic Burt’s Bees is my most used chapstick, but I also love their tinted chapstick and I absolutely love the cherry flavor tinted Baby Lips.
The main pocket:
- Wallet – I’ve currently been using this snap closure wallet (from Target years ago), but I like to change my wallet up periodically. I generally favor smaller/thinner wallets, for the most part.
- Compact mirror – Actually, I don’t usually carry a compact mirror, but they do come in handy and this one is super cute.
- Keys – Car keys, house keys, work keys, a Sharpie key chain and my (many) retail club cards.
- (Bear) Necessity Kit – This is my handy-dandy pouch full of all of those lame little necessary things a girl just has to carry around. You know what I’m talking about – tampons, Advil, band-aids, hand sanitizer, hand lotion, tissues – the list goes on.
- Snacks – I eat A LOT, and OFTEN. It is absolutely necessary to my sanity, and the sanity of those around me, that I have snacks on me at all times because, when hungry, I often lose all ability to make decisions whatsoever. Just ask my boyfriend, whose main job in our relationship is to make sure I am fed. (Haha, I so wish I was kidding!) Anyway, this small reusable snack bag (from Target) is typically carrying raw almonds, my quick snack of choice, and sometimes Craisins.
- Notebook(s) – I often carry around some small notebook or other, mostly for jotting down lists and ideas so I don’t forget them.
- Tech Case – Refer to next list. (Have I mentioned I like lists??)
The Tech Case:
- Tablet – This is my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1″ tablet that I absolutely LOVE and adore! It is an older, refurbished model, but I don’t care because ever since I got this puppy (on sale from Groupon, I might add), I have fallen fast and hard for it. It is so handy with tons of useful apps, especially for keeping up with my blog and social media on the go!
- Kindle – Technically my first tablet, this is my Kindle Fire (1st gen.), which I still love, but now use almost solely for reading since getting my Samsung tablet. I also carry this around with me much less regularly than my Note.
- Accessories – As soon as I realized the actual productivity potential of my Samsung tablet, I scoured Amazon for accessories, including my bluetooth keyboard ($19.99 + free shipping, here), which I love, and my SD card and USB adapters that allow me to plug my USB drive and my SD card from my camera directly into my tablet. I also have a little lens/screen cleaning cloth because I’m a nerd. I could go on and on about tech, but I won’t (unless you want me to! Let me know if you’d like to learn more about my favorite tech!).
I hope you’ve enjoyed this tour of what’s in my backpack, and thanks to Justine for the inspirations (and the nudge to post it up)! I have to know, do you carry as much stuff as I do, or do you think I’m on my way to becoming a crazy bag lady??
As always, thanks for reading! – Kristi :)