Happy Mother’s Day!

May 11, 2014

Hello, friends, and Happy Mother’s Day to all the mamas out there!  I have a very special post for today that I am very excited to share with you, it is a Style Profile on the most stylish lady I know, my mom, Nancy!

Happy-Mothers-Day_title

My mom always has been, and always will be, such an inspiration to me.  She is hard-working, dedicated, passionate, always willing to try new things, and always, always well-dressed.  She has taught me more things over the years than I can count; but, I will forever cherish the memories of spending evenings and weekends shopping at all our favorite stores and learning as much as I could about shoes, clothes, accessories and life.

MothersDay-white-shirt-pattern-pants_01MothersDay-white-shirt-pattern-pants_02

*Love that last photo – we were being super cool models a la America’s Next Top Model!  ;)

You may have noticed a few cameo appearances from my mom on my blog before, but over the past few weeks, I have been snapping photos of my mom and her cute, everyday outfits.  Nancy is a high school assistant principal and has to dress very professionally for work, so most of these sample ensembles are the types of outfits she wears on a typical weekday.

MothersDay-outfit01MothersDay-outfit02MothersDay-midi-skirt-button-shirtMothersDay-outfit03MothersDay-outfit04

Nancy loves reading fashion magazines (InStyle is her favorite) to keep up with trends and get inspiration for new ways to mix and match her own wardrobe.  With a closet full-to-bursting, I think it’s fair to call my mom a fashionista, especially as she is always getting compliments on her style.  In fact, my sisters, myself and even my friends are always asking my mom for fashion advice and if we an borrow this or that accessory.  Lucky for us, she is always happy to oblige!

MothersDay-white-shirt-pattern-pants_03

Happy Mother’s Day, Mom, I love you!

Do you have a stylish mom (or aunt or grandma) that you’d like to give a shout out to??  As always, thanks for reading, and go wish all the moms you know a Happy Mother’s Day!

• marlenameow

Your mom is THE cutest! Those gold shoes are everything, and that floral skirt with the blue shirt = perfection! I can see how you could be inspired her, what a fun post! xoxo

May 11, 2014 at 8:38 am Reply

Thank you!! She is definitely the cutest!!! :)

May 11, 2014 at 2:36 pm Reply

We have said it before and saying it now… your mom has some serious style! We are big fans :) And what strikes us the most is that how different she appears in each of her looks, it could be any mood – from working out or going for a casual lunch or a formal one…. your mom rocks each look!

Happy Mother’s Day :)

Love, Wink n Pout
    Blog , App

May 11, 2014 at 4:04 pm Reply

Thank you, thank you!! My mom has definitely worked to diversify her wardrobe and find pieces that are versatile for work and play. Of course, she has quite a few more years on me, but I like to think that I am catching up in the “fashion game!” ;)

Thanks again, my mom is touched by your sweet comment!! :)

May 11, 2014 at 8:15 pm Reply
  • blousesbaublesblush

Looooove this post! She’s darling and obviously why you’re so darn cute!

May 11, 2014 at 5:04 pm Reply

Thank you so much, that is so sweet of you to say!! :)

May 11, 2014 at 8:17 pm Reply

This was such a great idea for a post :) Your mom is ridiculously stylish…it’s clear you inherited the same amazing taste!

May 12, 2014 at 4:05 pm Reply

Thank you!! I had a ton of fun putting this whole post together and I think my mom did, too! :)

May 12, 2014 at 4:17 pm Reply

your mom has impeccable style…I see where you get yours from:) My mom is a stylish lady too, and she’s known for her love of hats.

May 12, 2014 at 5:47 pm Reply

Yes, she does!! Lucky us to have such fashionable mothers! ;)

May 12, 2014 at 7:37 pm Reply
  • Jackie and Marilyn

Happy belated Mother’s Day to your mom! I am obsessed with her floral skirt :) And if I am remembering correctly, Happy Birthday to YOU! :) – Brianna

May 13, 2014 at 11:24 am Reply

Thank you from my mom, and thank you for remembering, it is my birthday today!! :)

May 13, 2014 at 11:43 am Reply
  • wandererjingting

Chanced upon this cute post! I must say, you have a really stylish mum! :)

May 16, 2014 at 11:57 pm Reply

Thank you so much! Thanks for taking the time to comment, I’ll be sure to check out your blog as well!! :)

May 17, 2014 at 6:33 am Reply