Hello, friends, Happy Weekend! How have you been lately? Let’s talk. I have been quite busy lately with work, extra work, a couple side projects, keeping up with this blog o’ mine and still trying to maintain some kind of work/personal life balance with friends and family AND whatever else I would like to / need to get done.
Sometimes, I am not very good with balance. Sometimes, I take on too much because I’m not very good at saying no, or because I just like to be busy, and then I get really busy. But, then I remember to be grateful. As busy as I get, as stressed or crazy or just totally exhausted as I can sometimes I get, I always come back to the fact that I chose this, all of this. Everything I am, wherever I am at, it is because of my choices, for better or for worse, which means that I can also choose to be grateful, and happy. Being responsible for my own happiness means that I have the power to be infinitely happy, and that is no small thing.
Anyway, why these meandering musings, you might ask? Because, lately I’ve been contemplating my priorities, how I spend my time, and what it is that I really, actually, truly want to be doing. Which means I’ve been wondering if I spend too much (or too little) time on this blog. I’ve come to the conclusion that I love my blog, and I definitely don’t want to let it fall by the wayside, but perhaps I do want to reevaluate what I write about, and spend a little more time crafting quality posts as opposed to a quantity of posts.
All of this is to say, that I am so grateful for all of you who read Alligator Toe, and even more grateful to be sharing a recent award nomination for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award, from not one but two very inspiring bloggers.
First, I was nominated by the lovely and always stylish Marcy from Sweet Magnolia Chic, whose love of fashion is clearly evident in her fun, bubbly, down-to-Earth and beautiful blog. I was also nominated by the stunning Rita of Rita Meets Fashion, whose blog is not only bilingual, but a super fun mix of everyday inspiration from her everyday life. I highly recommend checking out both of their blogs!
Now, on to The Rules:
- Thank and link the person who nominated you.
- List the rules and display the award.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
Let’s get started!
7 Facts About Me (that you most likely don’t know):
- I have not exactly come out in the open with this one, but I am a huge Harry Potter fan. I have read the books more times than I can count, I own all the movies on blu-ray and I totally geek out over all things Harry Potter. Hi, my name is Kristi, and I am a Potterhead. ;)
- In high school, I ran our school’s broadcast news show, and I was one of the main anchors. Baron Broadcast News, or BBN as we called it, was my first introduction to all things video and creative media and I totally fell in love. In fact, I went on to study Film and Electronic Media in college.
- I can flare my nostrils, wink both eyes independently, arch one of my eyebrows and roll my tongue, but I cannot whistle. Like, at all. Go figure.
- I have a million interests, hobbies and passions and there are still so many more things that I am dying to try my hand at. I love learning and trying new things. I love all things creative and I love doing things outdoors. From sewing and jewelry making to hiking and camping, I love it all!
- I also have four jobs. I edit wedding videos for a local wedding company, I am a babysitter/nanny, I sub at a daycare, and I am a freelance videographer/editor. I like my many jobs for the most part, but I realize that four part-time jobs is a little crazy, so I am hoping to fix that. The only problem is…
- I still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up. And that terrifies me. Even though I am technically an adult, I have many interests and no idea what it is that I really want to do. I mean, I work, I make money, I get by, but, let’s face it, I could use a full time career.
- I love my life. Despite my many jobs and hobbies and endlessly crazy schedule, I love every day. I have the best family, the bestest of best friends, an amazing boyfriend and so many people in my life that mean so much to me and are so supportive (including the best bunch of readers/followers in the blogosphere EVER!). I work hard, but I try to enjoy every moment as much as possible, because I believe in love, laughter and living life with joy and gratitude.
Phew! Now, for the goodies!
15 Bloggers Who Inspire Me:
- Make + Do
- Confessions of a Refashionista
- Kate’s Creative Space
- The Two Cent Chick
- Jackie and Marilyn
- Being Zhenya
- Buttons and Birdcages
- Snippets with Alex
- Wllw Project
- The Fashion Huntress
- Style Snapshot
- We So Thrifty
- California Pixie
Well, that’s all folks! I think I’ve said more than my fair share in this post, sorry for the length, but sometimes I get a little introspective and I just can’t help myself. Okay, I do have one more thing to add… I don’t often do these award type things, but I felt that this one was important because all of those fabulous ladies above to inspire me daily with their amazing blogs, and I just wanted to pass on the gratitude, so PLEASE do check out all of the amazing – and inspiring! – bloggers who definitely deserve a read!
As always, thanks for reading!! Love, Kristi :)