June Gloom

June 16, 2014

Hello, friends!  June gloom has finally settled in over Orange County, and I am kind of loving it.  It’s nice to get a break from the heat and sun every once in a while and enjoy the beautiful overcast skies.  Plus, the soft, natural light is perfect for taking photos, which is why I couldn’t resist styling a cool summer outfit for the slight chill and popping outside to do a quick photo shoot.

#ootd_denim_button_tank_black_jeans_tan_gold_booties_01#ootd_denim_button_tank_black_jeans_tan_gold_booties_02

Details: button-front open back denim tank top (Urban Outfitters, thrifted via Crossroads Trading Co.) // black skinny jeans (Old Navy) // tan boots with gold metal accents (Leuven Alexander via Nordstrom Rack) // tan belt (American Eagle, old) // peace sign bracelets (gifts) // gold circle stud earrings (American Eagle)

#ootd_denim_button_tank_black_jeans#ootd_denim_button_tank_open_back_black_jeans#ootd_denim_button_tank_black_jeans_peace_bracelets

Okay, I just have to brag a little about these boots because even though I need another pair of boots like I need another hole in my head, they were a killer deal.  I found them at Nordstrom Rack and tried them on as a whim, then realized that they fit perfectly and were surprisingly very comfortable.  Then, I turned them over and saw that they were on clearance for $12.25!  Originally, these boots retail for around $80, Nordstrom Rack typically sells them for $35, and I got them on clearance for $12.25!!!  Yippee!

#ootd_black_jeans_tan_booties_gold_metal_accents#ootd_denim_button_tank_face_beauty

As always, thanks for reading, and have a great week!  – Kristi :)

• The Fashion Huntress

I love the subtle details in this look! The gold on the shoes, the open back on the top, super cute~! I like the term June Gloom btw :)!

June 16, 2014 at 10:25 am Reply

Thank you! I am all about the details, and often obsessively match my accessories haha!
      (For example, the white peace sign bracelet matches the white buttons on the top, the black bracelet with the black jeans, the tan shoes and belt and the gold earrings with the gold hardware on belt and boots!)
      I love the phrase June Gloom, but I have no idea where it originates… :)

June 16, 2014 at 10:30 am Reply

What a classic combination..! We absolutely love this… like LOVE this!!
    Love, Wink n Pout
    Blog , App

June 16, 2014 at 2:52 pm Reply

Thank you!! I have been dying to try this combination out and I am definitely going to wear this again! :)

June 16, 2014 at 3:12 pm Reply

Such a gorgeous light to take photos in!!! You have to be kidding me about the price of those boots…what a steal! They are so classic and will go with everything. I also really love the unexpected open back on the top…how summery!

June 16, 2014 at 4:50 pm Reply

Thank you!! And the boots, I mean, I know right?!?! And I looove this top, too! :)

June 16, 2014 at 5:30 pm Reply

Love this chic look! That top is such a good find! You did the denim on denim look so well! :)
    -Alex of http://snippetswithalex.com

June 16, 2014 at 10:47 pm Reply

Thank you!! I wasn’t sure I would like this top, but I’m glad I decided to give it a chance because I love it! I love both of our denim on denim looks today!! :)

June 16, 2014 at 11:30 pm Reply
  • Fashion Galleria

You look so smart on this outfit. And the denim top open back is so chic. Love it.:mrgreen:

June 16, 2014 at 11:11 pm Reply

Thank you so much! I had fun stepping up my style game today haha!! ;)

June 16, 2014 at 11:31 pm Reply
  • sistasfromcali

This outfit looks amazing on you!
    Love it

June 17, 2014 at 11:04 am Reply
  • Your comments make my day, let me know what you think! :)