Hello, friends! Now that the craziness of the month of May is over, I have finally had some time to hang out with family, get a few things crossed off my “To Do” list and even – gasp! – paint my nails!! I actually wanted to try this manicure in May, because I thought the daisies would be perfect for a “May Flowers” theme, but I didn’t have time, so they will just have to be June Flowers instead… so there! ;)
I was inspired by this super adorable daisy manicure I pinned on Pinterest forever ago, but I was always too nervous to try my hand at painting on this design by myself. I finally decided to just give it my best shot and see what happens; although, I definitely won’t be showing you the nails on my right hand, since I like to practice with my left hand haha! Anyway, here’s the original Pinterest photo I used for inspiration:
Those daisies are darn near perfect and I absolutely love how they pop against the deep navy background, but I’ve had this fun, spring-y green polish for a while and I’ve been dying to see how it looks on, so I went with a green background for my own nails. The daisies weren’t actually too bad once I got the hang of it – I just used a tool for making dots (a stick with a teeny metal ball tip) and then slowly dragged it in short, straight(ish) lines to make the petals of the daisy. To finish them off, I just added a yellow polka dot in the center! The hardest part was making sure I had enough polish on the stick/ball thing-y to make a nice thick petal shape, but they turned out pretty good for the most part.
The polishes: “Four Leaf Clover” by China Glaze (866) // “Timeless White” by Sally Hansen Diamond Strength (09) // “Midtown Mimosa” by NYC (153) // Clear Base & Top Coat by Rimmel London (100)
And now for the fun part:
Piniel (of PinsPlace) and I have decided to host another Nail Art Link Up! You may remember our first link up (here) where we created manicures around the theme “Radiant Orchid,” Pantone’s Color of the Year. Well, we had so much fun, we decided to do it again, on Friday, June 27th, and this time the theme will be…………. (that’s a drumroll) ………. SUMMER NIGHTS!
That’s right, ‘cuz summer is almost officially here and I, for one, could not be more excited! The best part is, you could interpret this theme in so many ways – go literal and paint a starry summer night sky, base your mani on the the movie Grease (you know the song, “summer fling don’t mean a thing, but oh, oh those summer nights”), or come up with something completely different! It’s entirely up to you, but here’s what you gotta do if you want to join in on the fun:
- Create your own manicure featuring the theme “Summer Nights” in any way you like.
- On Friday, June 27, post at least one photo of your beautiful nail art on your blog, on Twitter or on Instagram.
- Include a link in your blog post to my blog here (http://www.delightfullykristi.com/) AND Piniel’s blog (http://pins-place.com/) sharing the Summer Nights Nail Art Link Up OR if you’re posting on social media, make sure you tag both Piniel (Twitter: @PinsPlace + Instagram: @pinsplaceblog) AND myself (Twitter: @alligatortoe + Instagram: @alligtortoe) AND hashtag your photo with #SummerNightsNails
- This step is optional, but if you’re posting on a blog, be sure to check back here because we’ll be linking to all of your posts, too, so it would be great if you share the love and copy and paste everyone else’s links on your blog, too!
- Last, but not least, let us know you are participating so we can be sure to include your link in our posts on the day of the Link Up (that’s in one and a half weeks on Friday, June 27th)! You can leave a comment here on my blog or on Piniel’s blog, or feel free to send either one of us an email (Kristi firstname.lastname@example.org or Piniel email@example.com) to join in or ask a question!
I am super excited to see what all of you creative people will come up with (and to figure out what the heck I’m going to paint on my nails, too)! And don’t be worried about creating an elaborate or perfect manicure, this is all about having fun and it is most definitely not a contest!! Think of this as Thrift Style Thursdays for nail art – use whatever colors you’ve got lying around, get creative with the theme, and then share the link up love!
As always, thanks for reading, and please, please be brave, join in and have fun!! – Kristi :)
PS. My silly doggies kept trying to join my photo shoot, here are some of the outtakes hee hee!