Jeans, T-Shirt + Bicycle – Thrift Style Thursday Back to Basics

June 19, 2014

Hello, friends, Happy Thursday!  I am very excited about today’s Back to Basics theme for Thrift Style Thursday, mostly because basics are pretty much what I wear 90% of the time.  I am definitely a jeans and a t-shirt kinda girl, but I don’t think that has to mean boring, ever!  I love finding fun ways to make basics more interesting and stylish.  Today’s look, for example, includes polka dot jeans and some pops of color in the accessories to spice up a basic gray tee.

Thrift_Style_Thursday_polka_dot_jeans_T-shirt_yellow_bicycle_title

All a girl needs are comfy jeans, a t-shirt and a bicycle, am I right??  Okay, maybe not.  I do love food… a lot.  But joking aside, the weather has been perfect for leisurely bike rides on the weekends, cool evenings after work, and I even rode my bike to and from work yesterday – yippee!

(PS. I cannot even tell you how many attempts it took for me to ride past the camera on a timer and actually get myself in frame and somewhat in focus for that shot haha!  The things I do for you guys!  ;))

Thrift_Style_Thursday_polka_dot_jeans_T-shirt_01Thrift_Style_Thursday_polka_dot_jeans_T-shirt_02

Both the jeans and t-shirt were thrifted for pretty awesome deals – the jeans were an extra 50% off for only $4.50 and the shirt was only $1.99!  Somehow, getting already inexpensive clothes at an even better price just makes them that much sweeter, you know what I mean?  I looove these polka dot jeans and the gray shirt is so soft and easy to wear that I may have to go back and buy another for when this one eventually dies (as I know it will because I want to wear it non-stop!).

Thrift_Style_Thursday_polka_dot_jeans_T-shirt_03Thrift_Style_Thursday_polka_dot_jeans_T-shirt_04

The details: gray t-shirt (thrifted, Salvation Army) // polka dot jeans (thrifted, Merona via Goodwill) // coral eyelet tennis shoes (Payless) // floral crossbody purse (gift) // bright orange sunnies (Walmart) // tan leather belt (American Eagle, old) // coral hemp necklace (H&M) // peace sign bracelet (handmade)

Thrift_Style_Thursday_gray_T-shirtThrift_Style_Thursday_polka_dot_jeans_T-shirt_accessoriesThrift_Style_Thursday_polka_dot_jeans_coral_eyelet_tennis_shoes

You know the drill, vote for next month’s themes here and check out my lovely thrifting pals and their stylish basics below:

Buttons and Birdcages // Spoolish // Sandpaper Kisses // Sincerely Miss J // Confessions of a Refashionista // The Two Cent Chick // Snippets with Alex // Eclecticity // Being Zhenya // Erika’s Style Diary // Sistas From Cali // Bethie the Boo // Rachel’s Lookbook // Lipstick and Yarn // Nuttier Than Nutella

As always, thanks for reading, and don’t forget about my new Summer Nights themed Nail Art Link Up with Piniel!  – Kristi :)

Thrift_Style_Thursday_polka_dot_jeans_T-shirt_yellow_bicycle

• Confessions of a Refashionista

Love it! I just knew we were back-to-basics-sisters! ;) + sharing the hilarity of timer pics – I’m floored that you managed an awesome bike riding photo! Now that’s timer-talent babycakes! :D

June 19, 2014 at 7:34 am Reply

Hahaha thanks! I must have ridden my bike around and around my tripod at least 20 times, but it was fun and so worth it!! :)
      Love that we are jeans and t-shirts sisters!! ;)

June 19, 2014 at 8:13 am Reply
  • sistasfromcali

Props for the pictures! They look great!
    Those pants are super cute.

June 19, 2014 at 10:35 am Reply

Thank you!! I these jeans are one if my favorite recent thrift finds :)

June 19, 2014 at 11:08 am Reply
  • Jackie

Love how laid back this is, I still working on mine, will have to be up later today, lol.

June 19, 2014 at 11:19 am Reply

Thanks! I can’t wait to see your outfit, I know it will be very chic!! ;)

June 19, 2014 at 11:26 am Reply
  • The Fashion Huntress

I love this look!! And the photos- they are too cute~!!

June 19, 2014 at 11:56 am Reply

So cute! Love the bicycle too! :)
    -Alex of http://snippetswithalex.com

June 19, 2014 at 12:25 pm Reply
  • Jackie and Marilyn

That bike!!!! Your outfit is super cute too, but oh my goodness I love that bike. – Brianna

June 19, 2014 at 1:23 pm Reply

Thaaaank you!!! I love my bike, too! I got it at Target and it had a bunch of cheesy decals on it, but I just took them off b/c I love the super bright yellow :)

June 19, 2014 at 2:37 pm Reply

Hahaha I can just imagine the process it took to get that first picture :) The first picture is adorable so it was totally worth it! And you know I’m all about those jeans…polka dots?! YES PLEASE. You make this “basic” outfit look so stylish. Well done!

June 19, 2014 at 4:51 pm Reply

Thank you!! Yeah, I saved the “action” shot for last becaause I knew it would take several tries, but it was fun! And thank you, I knew you’d appreciate the polka dots! ;)

June 19, 2014 at 5:29 pm Reply
  • Brittany

This is spectacular! I love LOVE your yellow bike! It’s so vintage picnic in the park – my favourite! I can imagine biking around and around was fun. I had the same problem with the skirt twirls. Just couldn’t get things to focus, haha. Great post, Kristi!

June 19, 2014 at 9:21 pm Reply

Thanks, Brittany! Ooh you have twirl skirt photos?! I’ve still gotta check out everyone’s post from today, I can’t wait to see yours!! :)

June 19, 2014 at 9:28 pm Reply
  • marlenameow

How fun and cute! I love that initial bike timer pic, on so many levels! I have some polka dot jeans I got on the cheap that I completely forgot about, I need to break those puppies out!

June 22, 2014 at 8:11 pm Reply

Thank you!! Yes, you definitely need to sport those polka dot jeans!! :)

June 22, 2014 at 8:53 pm Reply
  • Erika ~ Erika's Style Diary

Super cute pictures – incorporating the bike was genius! I love that you chose a basic t and jeans for the wardrobe staples. Seriously, how adorable are those polka dot jeans? They are my fave!

June 23, 2014 at 6:06 pm Reply

Thank you so much!! I rode my bike to work that day and thought it would be fun to stop at the park for pictures – glad you like them! Ooh and I was super stoked to find those polka dot jeans at the thrift store!! :)

June 23, 2014 at 8:36 pm Reply
  • jodikayedwards

Ahh this is so cute! The bike adds such a nice touch! Love the simplicity in this fit! :)

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZdwj788PWGNgrxbHzCmuQA

June 24, 2014 at 10:48 am Reply

Thank you so much! I just love my bike and thought it would be fun to take pictures with it haha! ;)

June 24, 2014 at 11:15 am Reply
  • Jamie

OMG amazing!! LOVE the rolled jeans and pink tennies!! FAVES ;-)

June 27, 2014 at 10:25 pm Reply

Thank you!! This would probably be my signature look, if I had such a thing, because it’s pretty much what I wear most days haha! Rolled hems and all! ;)

June 27, 2014 at 10:48 pm Reply