Dress-to-Skirt Refashion | Part Two!

June 24, 2014

Hello, friends!  We’ll call today “How Tuesday” because I am sharing the second edition of my dress-to-skirt refashion tutorial video.  That’s right, I have another video tutorial for you today showing you another method for transforming a dress into a skirt.  Are you ready?  Because here it is (without hardly any ado whatsoever)!

It is no secret that I am a fan of thrift shopping and of skirts; unfortunately, I am rarely ever able to find skirts that I like at thrift stores.  Luckily, I do have a keen eye for dresses that can easily be transformed into skirts!  I am sure there are a million different ways to refashion dresses (and other articles of clothing) into skirts, but this method is probably my favorite (with my first video tutorial being a close second favorite).

dress-to-skirt-diy-refashion-2_01

Sadly, I totally forgot to take a “before” picture of the dress, like a super lame-o, so there is no fun before-n-after photo.  But I did take a few snaps of the skirt styled with a stripe top and my leopard flats.

dress-to-skirt-diy-refashion-2_02dress-to-skirt-diy-refashion-2_03dress-to-skirt-diy-refashion-2_04

I hope you enjoyed this second installment of my Dress-to-Skirt Refashion tutorial!  Feel free to let me know if there are any other tutorials you’d like to see me attempt, and don’t forget that there is still time to join the Summer Nights Nail Art Link Up fun!!  We’ll be posting our designs this Friday and I’d love to include YOU!

As always, thanks for reading (and watching)!  – Kristi :)

• jodikayedwards

Great editing! Love this! I have a dress that is too small for me now too, but I love the bottom part looks like I found you just in time! You made this look super easy!

I’m trying to grow my YouTube channel, would love if you subscribed back! xo
    YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZdwj788PWGNgrxbHzCmuQA

June 24, 2014 at 10:55 am Reply
  • Jackie and Marilyn

You seriously make me want to try thrifting for skirt refashions, and attempting to be skilled with my sewing machine! Someday… :) – Brianna

June 24, 2014 at 1:22 pm Reply

Aww thanks!! Go for it, you can do it, I believe in you!! ;)

June 24, 2014 at 1:39 pm Reply
  • After Dark Sewing

You explained this so clearly, it’s a really great video :)

June 24, 2014 at 3:09 pm Reply

Thank you, that means a lot! I really tried to make it as simple as possible while still giving the best information possible! :)

June 24, 2014 at 3:39 pm Reply

I don’t know what I like more…the whimsical music while you cut, sew, etc. or the finished product :) You are really inspiring me to do some refashions!!! Sometimes it’s difficult to imagine what the finished product could look like when you find a potential items to refashion in a thrift store, but I feel like I need to try at least once! Great job!!

June 24, 2014 at 4:15 pm Reply

Thank you!!! I was definitely having fun with the music haha! You should try a refashion, it’s so much fun and even more fun telling everyone you did it yourself!! ;)

June 24, 2014 at 4:20 pm Reply

Oh and I’m going to do the nail art link up on Friday!!!

June 24, 2014 at 4:19 pm Reply

Hurray, I’m so excited!! Yippee! Now I need to figure out what the heck I’m going to do with my nails haha! :)

June 24, 2014 at 4:20 pm Reply
  • styledbysteph96

Hey I nominated you for an award:http://styledbysteph96.wordpress.com/2014/06/26/fashionista-award/ I hope you participate in it! Love your blog.

June 25, 2014 at 9:21 pm Reply
  • Your comments make my day, let me know what you think! :)