Hello, friends! I am very excited to share that I have been nominated not once, not twice, but THREE TIMES, for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award!
I have been nominated by these three lovely bloggers: Marcy of Sweet Magnolia Chic, Justine of The Two Cent Chick, and Martyna of Spoolish – and a huge THANK YOU to each of these ladies, whose blogs I all love!! Here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer ten questions.
- Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
- Nominate ten people
Since I was nominated three times, and in the interest of keeping this post as short as possible, I chose five questions from each awardee (?) to answer.
First, from Justine:
- What three pieces of clothing define your style? Jeans, tennis shoes and any easy, comfy top! I am a casual girl to the core and my jeans are easily my favorite things to wear – always! (*This also answers Marcy’s question “What is one item of clothing you can’t live without?” – duh, jeans!)
- Which song will make you smile no matter what? Currently, “Happy” by Pharrell just makes me really happy and of course makes me want to dance! On a personal note, “I Melt with You” (a.k.a. “I’ll stop the world and melt with you,” which I always thought was by The Cure, but is actually by Modern English) makes me think of my boyfriend Derek and that always makes me smile, too.
- Book that you’d recommend to anyone? I LOVE reading and constantly recommend books to everyone I know, but I think the Harry Potter series might top my list – to me, they are just classics that I think everyone should read. That being said, I would also recommend the Hunger Games trilogy because I think it has pretty broad appeal, as well as, the Thursday Next series by Jasper Fforde to anyone who even remotely considers themselves a bibliophile and appreciates a healthy dose of irreverent humor. (I even wrote about the series here!)
- What’s something you achieved on/because of your blog that you never thought was possible? Hm, receiving some cool free gifts from companies who want to be featured on my blog has been pretty trippy, and “meeting” so many amazing, inspiring and talented women through blogging has been so special to me, but I think the biggest thing for me has been regaining my self-confidence and learning so much more about myself than I ever knew. I went through a rough patch after high school, but creating and maintaining this blog over the past several years has helped me find confidence in myself, pride in my work, and the realization that I truly can achieve whatever I set my mind to! :)
- What blogger(s) would you love to meet in real life? Oh wow, all of them, all of you! I so would love to meet Justine and Martyna and all the Thrift Style Thursday crew (Hawaii?? Heck yes!), and there are so many more inspiring, beautiful, talented bloggers whose brains I would want to pick haha! But definitely the Thrift Style Thursday ladies!!
- What were the last three things you watched on Netflix? Doctor Who, Downton Abbey and Hell on Wheels – my mom just started watching Downton Abbey and Doctor Who so we’ve been catching up to the current seasons haha! I am absolutely obsessed with all three shows, but Doctor Who probably tops the list, or at least it’s a very close three-way tie. I watch A LOT of TV (more than I know I should) and I am also hooked on The Walking Dead, Defiance, Castle, Hart of Dixie, Top Gear (UK, duh), Supernatural, Game of Thrones (I’m only on season 1), and Murder, She Wrote is one of my all-time favorite shows! (**This also answers one of Justine’s questions – What TV show can’t you get enough of?)
- Is there something you once disliked about yourself that you now embrace? I used to not like my legs very much (border-line cankles and thick thighs), but I’ve actually started to love my legs because I think they have become more muscular and rather than being stick thin, they showcase my muscle and therefore hard work and strength. I am also working on loving my smile, which I do like, but my crooked fang in the front sometimes still bugs me, but it is my own unique smile and that is something to be celebrated (like I said, I’m working on it haha).
- If you had your own fashion line – what would it be called? “Belle & Beetle” I’ve actually thought about this and to me the name evokes contrast (and it makes me think of the movie Thumbelina haha). My line would be a mix of contrasts – soft, strong, pretty, fun, bold and definitely classic – something for everyone!
- How long (on average) does it take you to get ready in the morning? It takes me about an hour to get ready, but it really depends on how focused I am because I’m usually putz-ing around (as my mother calls it) and messing about with my outfit or dancing to music or just not hurrying at all. When I rush, I can be ready in under an hour including shower, breakfast, etc, but generally I budget myself an hour and a half so I can take my time (plus, I’m always up way early – like 6:30 – and I rarely need to be out of the door before 9 so I have plenty of time). ;)
- What is a blog goal you hope to reach? I have thought about this one a little lately, but rather than reaching number goals, like 1,000 followers or something like that, my goal lately has been to make every blog post as good as I can, to make every picture and every word count. I want my blog to be the best I can possibly make it – something that feels cohesive, eye-catching, inspiring, informative, and, above all, something that feels like me. So that’s what I’ve been working on lately.
And last but not least, from Marcy:
- Where do find inspiration? This is probably a cliché answer, but I try find inspiration everywhere! I am constantly inspired by, and falling in love with, the world around me. I am definitely a glass half-full, look on the bright side, magical fairy dust believer, optimist. I truly believe that if you look for nastiness in the world you will find it, but if you look for beauty and inspiration and magic, then you’ll find it! Also, I love me some Pinterest! ;)
- Who is your biggest role model? My mom – for better or for worse, I am definitely turning into my mother. Haha I’m only (kinda) kidding! I am a lot like my mom, but I it’s definitely a good thing. She is a strong, independent, hard-working, loving mom who has always been there for me and my siblings and I am so proud to be her daughter.
- Most embarrassing moment, or outfit?! I can still clearly remember this AWFUL outfit I had back in high school that I just thought was so cool, and which so obviously was NOT. It included a purple and white ombre tank top (in that weird gross polyester-ish stretchy material – you know what I’m talking about!) that had glued on rhinestones AND a pair of matching Capri pants in the same white to purple fade pattern (white at the top, purple at the almost-ankles) that I actually wore together, as a set, because, I don’t know, it coordinated so perfectly?! Ew! I almost wish I had a picture to show you.
- Name one place in the world you hope to go one day. I love travel and there are so many places I want to visit, but the highlights definitely include Paris, London, the English countryside, all over Germany, Sweden, all over Canada, Alaska, etc. – oops, that’s more than one! (Also, I’ve been fortunate enough to so far have traveled all over Italy, the French Riviera, Barcelona, Dubrovnik (in Croatia), all over Mexico, Hawaii, a few of the Caribbean islands/countries, and various places around the Southwestern United States.)
- Chocolate, or vanilla? Vanilla cake/cupcakes and chocolate ice cream, and any kind of chocolate candy – duh! ;)
Phew! That was A LOT of questions to answer! Now, it’s my turn.
Here are my ten questions:
- What is your current favorite TV show? (Or shows, if you can’t pick just one.)
- Who do you think has the best style (celebrity, designer, friend, whoever – you pick!)?
- What type of pajamas or slouchy/leisure clothes are your favorite?
- What do you like to do in your free time?
- Who is your biggest celebrity crush of the moment (male or female)?
- If you had your own fashion line, what would it be called? Describe it, please! (I really liked this question!)
- What was your favorite toy / thing to play with growing up?
- Describe yourself in five words.
- What do you want to be when you grow up; or, what is your dream job?
- How/why did you start your blog?
And my nominees:
- Here, Pretty Kitty!
- Bethie the Boo
- A Daydream Love
- LaLa Land Style
Wow, I am not gonna lie, that was a lot of work, but it was fun, too! I hope you enjoyed reading my answers, thanks for stickin’ with me! Don’t forget that NEXT WEEK is the next #MonthlyMani (theme: Fall Colors) – there is still plenty of time to paint your nails, take some photos and join us in posting on Wednesday. Let me know if you wanna join in!
As always, thanks for reading! Love & sisterhood, Kristi :)