Orange You Glad… It’s Fall? | Thrift Style Thursday

September 25, 2014

I know, I know, enough about fall already!  I can’t help it, I love it!  But I promise, I will not go on about the greatness of fall any longer (yeah, we both know I won’t keep that promise, but I will for this post, at least)!

Instead, let’s talk about the color orange, which, quite frankly, is not my favorite color (despite its prominence during a certain unnamed season….).  I was a little concerned at this week’s Thrift Style Thursday theme because I wear many colors well, but orange just ins’t one of them.  As a result, I have very little orange in my wardrobe.  Luckily, I loved this striped tank top enough to thrift it in spite of its main color (oh, and the $2.50 price tag helped)!

Thrift-Style-stripe-top-sweater-jeans-booties-01Thrift-Style-stripe-top-sweater-jeans-booties-02

I thought I’d take a risk by layering my fun loose stripe cardigan over the stripe tank top.  I figure since the stripes are totally different sizes, it works… right?  Really, I’m just in love with the sweater and wanted to show it off, along with my new favorite booties.  Would you believe I thrifted those real leather, studded Franco Sarto booties for only $18.75??  I’m calling that my Steal of the Season!  ;)

Thrift-Style-stripe-top-sweater-jeans-booties-03Thrift-Style-black-stud-booties

The details: stripe cardigan (Ross) // stripe tank top (thrifted, Salvation Army) // H&M super skinny jeans (thrifted, Goodwill) // Franco Sarto booties (thrifted, Salvation Army) // hipster owl necklace (gift)

Thrift-Style-stripe-top-sweater-jeans-owl-necklaceThrift-Style-stripe-top-sweater-jeans-booties-04

How do you feel about the color orange?  Love it, or hate it??  Either way, be sure to check out how my fellow thrifty divas styled their orange-themed ensembles over on our Thrift Style Thursday Facebook group.  That’s right, we now have an official Facebook page where you can get everyone’s stylish thrifted looks each week, all in one place!  We’re also working on a fun community page so anyone can join in and share their most fabulous thrifted finds!

Oh, and before I forget, I made another #OOTD video – hurray!  Check it out:

As always, thanks for reading!  Love & fall stripes, Kristi :)

• Jackie and Marilyn

You would look SPECTACULAR in a more rust orange tone (very appropriate color for a certain undisclosed season;))! It’s the only way I wear orange. I think a chunky rust scarf is calling your name :) – Brianna

September 25, 2014 at 9:22 am Reply

Hmmmm I may have to try to find something in that shade to see if you’re right haha! I typically go for lighter, more peach shades of orange because too much yellow clashes with my skintone, but maybe a more ruddy rust orange would do the trick! Thanks for the advice!! :)

September 25, 2014 at 9:37 am Reply
  • emilygeraghty

Very cute! Your video skills are on point. I feel like you’re someone who would share my frustration of people who have great YouTube thumbnail images and their videos look like sh**. Your video, however, looks great. What kind of camera do you have?

September 25, 2014 at 9:42 am Reply

Thank you!! Hahaha I don’t know if I can trash talk too much since I literally just did my first custom thumbnail for this video – yeesh! But I do loooooove my camera, it’s a Panasonic GH1 DSLR, it takes amazing video!! :)

September 25, 2014 at 10:51 am Reply
  • sistasfromcali

Great video!
    You look great. Sometimes you have to step outside your comfort zone. :)

September 25, 2014 at 9:53 am Reply

Thank you! I definitely felt a little outside my comfort zone on this I’ve, but I think it turned out okay and I tried not to look too uncomfortable in my photos haha! ;)

September 25, 2014 at 10:53 am Reply
  • slightimpression

really like the video

September 25, 2014 at 10:19 am Reply

Oh my gosh, your video is awesome! I love it! The tank top is super cute, it looks great paired with the cardigan. And I spy an owl necklace! Love that too! Very fun look to transition to Fall!!

September 25, 2014 at 11:31 am Reply

Thanks, Beth!! I love this cardigan and my own necklace (a birthday gift from my brother and his wife)! :)

September 25, 2014 at 12:04 pm Reply
  • drowninmelancholy

Actually, I never think too much about the colour orange, but a bright orange Ralph Lauren pullover would look very nice I guess. I also like the dutch quite a lot, and oranje is their national colour :D Unfortunately, the garbage disposal here in Germany has the color of orange :’D so there are quite less people who prefer that :D

September 25, 2014 at 3:03 pm Reply

Haha that’s pretty funny actually because prisoners here wear orange jumpsuits! Maybe that’s why I subconsciously don’t like the color ;)

September 25, 2014 at 3:35 pm Reply
      • drowninmelancholy

hahaha yeaaah that’s right! Poor orange, being used by the government for all the unpopular activities :’D

September 25, 2014 at 3:38 pm Reply

I think you look fantastic in orange! The video is so lovely, too. Very creative. I really, really love the boots too and it’s so sweet that you found them at Salvation Army!

September 25, 2014 at 4:37 pm Reply

Aw, thanks! I do like this sherbet-y shade of orange, but that’s about all the orange I typically wear. The boots, however, are super cool, I LOVE them!! :)

September 29, 2014 at 9:54 pm Reply
  • fashioncosmopolitan

I love it! Im planning for so longggg to make video’s. You really inspired me.

September 25, 2014 at 7:22 pm Reply

Aw thank you, I’m so glad I could inspire you!! :)

September 25, 2014 at 7:51 pm Reply
  • Erika ~ Erika's Style Diary

That was a cute video! Great job! I wish I could be brave enough to do something like that. ;-) I’m loving your fall outfit. Those booties were a great find!

September 26, 2014 at 7:06 am Reply

Thank you!! You could totally do videos, just start with a practice one until you feel more comfortable. ;) And I am obsessed with my new boots!!! :)

September 26, 2014 at 7:09 am Reply
  • Bri

ORANGE IS MY FAVOURITE COLOUR! <3 But I used to not be fond of the colour too. x)

Since my skin colour is naturally tan, I can pull off most shades of orange. (Yay!) I just don't see enough APPEALING orange clothing items around … and that makes me sad. :(

I think the top (and the overall outfit) looks very nice on you! I agree with the commenter that suggested you wearing a rusty sort of orange scarf. I think that would look AMAZING on you. :)

September 26, 2014 at 5:52 pm Reply

Haha hurray for the color orange! I am glad you like my outfit and that you wear orange well!! Also, I think I might have to try to find a rust orange scarf now! ;)

September 26, 2014 at 7:41 pm Reply