Blustery Fall Plaid

November 4, 2014

Hello, friends!  It is FINALLY FALL!!!!  Okay, I promise I won’t go on and on about the weather, but we have had some actual fall weather around here lately – including some pretty decent rain AND chilly, hair-tangling wind – and I am celebrating!

#ootd-red-black-plaid-dress-black-leggings-brown-boots-vintage-purse-01

I feel like I have been waiting to wear all my new (and old favorite) fall clothes for months, but I’m not one to dwell, I’m just glad it’s chilly enough to wear it!  I saw this dress months and months ago on Old Navy’s website, but it was $35 full retail and that was more than I wanted to spend, so I waited.  My patience was rewarded when Old Navy had a super awesome sale and I scored the dress for only $17.60!  Woo hoo!

#ootd-red-black-plaid-dress-black-leggings-brown-boots-vintage-purse-02#ootd-red-black-plaid-dress-black-leggings-brown-boots-vintage-purse-03

I really just love how simple and comfortable this dress is; I was always afraid I couldn’t really pull off the “shift” shape, but it might be my new favorite dress style!  Also, I just want to note that it was, in fact, really windy when I was taking these photos and my hair is outta control.  (Although that might be because my hair is getting super long – well, super long for me – and I desperately need a haircut).

#ootd-red-plaid-dress-black-vintage-leather-purse

The details: sweater (hand-me-down) // dress (Old Navy) // leggings (H&M) // boots (Diba via DSW) // black leather purse (vintage, hand-me-down) // skull earrings (ModCloth) // triangle necklace (Kay & Kompany) // gold watch (vintage, gift)

#ootd-red-black-plaid-dress-skull-earrings-triangle-necklace#ootd-red-black-plaid-dress-vintage-gold-watch-triangle-necklace.#ootd-red-black-plaid-dress-black-leggings-brown-boots

You might recognize this outfit from my Instagram photos – I went as “Hipster Minnie Mouse” for Halloween – but this might become my new fall uniform.  Just in case you missed my Halloween snapshots, here’s another one that my friend took when we went out to lunch.

2014-10-31 12.18.11

Ooh, I also have one more treat for you before I sign off – another #ootd video – yippee!  Hope you enjoy!

As always, thanks for reading and watching!  Love & Minnie Mouse ears, Kristi :)

• Jackie and Marilyn

Super love :) Old Navy can have some amazing deals and finds if you’re looking for them! And I’m not just saying that as a former employee from my college days ;) – Brianna

November 4, 2014 at 7:17 am Reply

Haha thanks, Brianna!! I always find the most amazing deals at Old Navy! :)

November 4, 2014 at 9:07 am Reply

CUTE! I love plaid – it’s seriously my favorite, and this dress is just perfect! Great sale too, it pays to wait sometimes doesn’t it?

November 4, 2014 at 7:17 am Reply

Ahhh thanks, plaid is my favorite, toooo!! I am big on deal hunting, but I will admit I was getting nervous with this dress because I was afraid it would sell out before it went on sale and I could nab it haha! ;)

November 4, 2014 at 9:10 am Reply
  • The Fashion Huntress

Love this plaid!! I just wore the same plaid yesterday!! Lol :)

November 4, 2014 at 8:59 am Reply

Thanks! Ooh, I hope we will see it on your blog soon!! ;)

November 4, 2014 at 9:13 am Reply
  • signe

Woo hoo! Yay, fall! Fabulous giant plaid! Classic for the season!
    : signe : the daily savant :
    Harry Potter Ring Giveaway

November 4, 2014 at 1:49 pm Reply
  • antoinette5000

Your blog is pretty! I took cues from your design when customizing my own.

November 5, 2014 at 4:57 am Reply

Thank you so much!! That is such a great compliment to hear, I’ve worked very hard on my blog! :)

November 5, 2014 at 6:33 am Reply
      • antoinette5000

I understand. Blogs are a reflection of the author, and it can take a long time to get a look and feel that you like.

Also, you were a dynamite Vanellope von Schweetz for Halloween :)

November 5, 2014 at 7:13 am Reply

Totally! And thank you, she’s such a fun character!! :)

November 5, 2014 at 8:36 am Reply
  • thethriftygirlsguide

Ah, what an adorable dress! I love when I resist buying something and then it finally goes on sale :) Such a good feeling! Also, Hipster Minnie Mouse is such a good idea haha

November 5, 2014 at 4:05 pm Reply

Thank you! It is the best feeling, I am totally addicted to discounts, deals and bargains of any kind haha! ;) Also, thanks, I love Minnie Mouse and any excuse to dress like a hipster is a good excuse in my book ;)

November 5, 2014 at 10:11 pm Reply
  • Elisa d 'Almeida

So pretty!!

November 6, 2014 at 3:12 am Reply
  • Eclectic Fashionist

I’m a little biased as an Old Navy employee, but I have to say, this dress is awesome. I saw it at work and absolutely loved how big the plaid is. It’s definitely a statement. You also wear it so well! Glad someone else is rocking Old Navy around here! <3

November 8, 2014 at 1:48 am Reply

Thank you!! Old Navy has been coming out with some really great, stylish pieces lately, I personally think they’ve been upping their fashion game! And I absolutely love this dress and the bold plaid print; the simple shape makes it easy to pull off! Thanks again!! :)

November 8, 2014 at 6:36 am Reply