Cranberries in Fall & November’s #MonthlyMani Theme

November 12, 2014

Hello, friends!  Is it just me or does it feel as though the days are flying by??  Perhaps it is the time change, the shorter days and the chilly weather, but I was in desperate need of a pretty little pick-me-up this week in the form of a simple, but eye-catching manicure.

#notd-Sally-Hansen-burgundy-cranberry-red-title

This burgundy/cranberry hued polish is one of my absolute favorites, even more so because it is from Sally Hansen’s “Complete Salon Manicure” line, which means I can paint one coat and I’m done.  The base coat, color and top coat are all included in one bottle – a quick and easy way to add a colorful reminder of the beauty of fall to a busy week!

#notd-Sally-Hansen-burgundy-cranberry-red-polish

The polish: “Ruby Do” by Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure (#490)

#notd-Sally-Hansen-burgundy-cranberry-red-flowers#notd-Sally-Hansen-burgundy-cranberry-red-outfit

Before I forget, I have a fun announcement for this post!  The theme for next week’s #MonthlyMani post is………….

“Black Tie”

For those of you who are new around here, every month, on the 3rd Wednesday of every month, I, along with a fabulous group of bloggers, post a fun manicure based around a chosen theme.  Anyone can participate by simply painting your nails according to that month’s theme, posting photos on the 3rd Wednesday of the month, and linking to the other #MonthlyMani participants!

Wanna join in?  Just leave a comment below!

As always, thanks for reading.  Love & cranberries, Kristi :)

• rubyangel711

Gorgeous color! Will definitely be picking this up on my next drugstore visit! Thanks!

November 12, 2014 at 6:47 am Reply

Absolutely! This color just became my new “color of the season,” I’m suddenly obsessed!! ;)

November 12, 2014 at 6:49 am Reply
  • Little Did You Know

Love this color!!! I have one similar but I always balk at painting my fingernails such a dark color…think I just need to do it!

November 12, 2014 at 6:57 am Reply

Thank you!! I worry about painting my nails dark colors, too (especially since they can be a pain to remove), but I think because this is such a rich color it doesn’t feel too dark. Plus, it’s just gorgeous so I forgive it! ;)

November 12, 2014 at 7:13 am Reply
  • yourfairygodmother

love it! I love berry nails and lips!

November 12, 2014 at 7:38 am Reply

Thanks, all of the fall gem tones are my favorite!! :)

November 12, 2014 at 10:05 am Reply
  • jodikayedwards

Gorgeous color!

November 12, 2014 at 7:54 am Reply
  • The Fashion Huntress

Loving the cranberry~!! I’m gonna try and make the next one!! Thanks for the invite :)~!!!!

November 12, 2014 at 12:15 pm Reply

Thank you! Absolutely, I hope you make it, I know you’ll come up with something great!! :)

November 12, 2014 at 1:33 pm Reply
  • Justine Smith (@justismith)

Ok, it’s official, I’ve got to get my hands on a bottle of this! I’ve tried other Sally Hansen formulas before, but not the Complete Salon Manicure. ONE COAT and you’re done?!?!?! Now that I have to try. That’s the thing with nails, I’ve gotten really lazy lately because it’s so time consuming waiting for each coat to dry. This shade is definitely on my to-buy list :) The perfect fall shade, for sure!

November 12, 2014 at 4:04 pm Reply

Yes! Go get yourself some of this polish, I’m hooked!! And there are so many other awesome colors, too! There’s one called “So Much Fawn” that is my absolute favorite nude color (the one I used in my think pink ombre mani)!! :)
      Some of the darker colors might need 2 coats, but only if you’re picky. I did one coat with this burgundy and I think it looks fine, but the best part is seriously that there’s no top coat necessary! (Ok, ok, I’m done raving haha)

November 12, 2014 at 4:15 pm Reply
  • Natalie @ Being Mrs. Olson

Love this color! Sometimes it is so hard to find the right red shade. Also, I am a fan of the Complete Salon Manicure as well. I would definitely be interested in joining your monthly mani linkup! Please send me some information :)

November 18, 2014 at 6:53 am Reply

Thanks! This red is definitely my first choice! SO exciting you want to join in the fun, the more the merrier! I’ll send you an email with all the info! :)

November 18, 2014 at 8:52 pm Reply