#DelightfullyThrifty: Goodbye Fall

December 20, 2014

It’s official, today is the last day of fall.  So, in a a final farewell, I’m sharing my last fall outfit.  We had a short season here in Southern California, with summer lasting late into the year (what else is new?), so I feel like I hardly got to wear any of my favorite fall pieces.  That didn’t stop me from adding a few new ones to my closet, however, like this orange faux suede skirt I picked up at the thrift store for $4!

Delightfully-Kristi-cream-plaid-shirt-orange-suede-skirt-01Delightfully-Kristi-cream-plaid-shirt-orange-suede-skirt-02

Ever since our orange-themed Thrift Style Thursday earlier this fall, where I declared that orange is not my color, I was promptly convinced otherwise and began searching for more orange to include in my wardrobe.

Enter this adorable faux suede skirt which I found while looking for items for my Halloween costume.  It was 50% off, so, really, how could I not for only $4??  I decided to go full-on fall with this cream and beige plaid shirt (hand-me-down from my mom, thanks, Mom!), some cream and beige thigh-high socks and brown leather motorcycle boots.

Delightfully-Kristi-cream-plaid-shirt-orange-suede-skirt-04Delightfully-Kristi-cream-plaid-shirt-orange-suede-skirt-accessories

The details: plaid shirt (hand-me-down) // orange faux suede skirt (Goodwill) // leather motorcycle boots (Target, old) // brown leather belt (American Eagle, old) // thigh-high socks (Target) // layered necklace (giveaway prize from Snippets with Alex) // rose gold watch (Target)

Delightfully-Kristi-cream-plaid-shirt-long-layered-necklaceDelightfully-Kristi-orange-suede-skirt-brown-motorcycle-boots

I love all of the little details in this outfit, from the button front on the skirt, to the orange headband and pop of sparkle with the layered necklace.  It was a gorgeous dyay last week when I took these photos, too.  Can you believe I took these photos just last week??  I even had some fun playing with all those leaves on the ground!  ;)

Delightfully-Kristi-cream-plaid-shirt-orange-suede-skirt-throwing-leaves

I know most of you are probably buried under snow, but I hope you are enjoying the last of fall.  While I am excited for “winter” here in SoCal, I am going to miss being able to wear skirts and dresses without tights underneath.  What was your favorite outfit you wore this fall??

As always, thanks for reading!

Delightfully Kristi

• Zoe

i like your outfit!

December 20, 2014 at 8:20 am Reply

Thank you!! :)

December 21, 2014 at 7:57 pm Reply
  • Justine S.

Perfect full-on fall outfit! As I scrolled down on the first picture my thought process was as follows “Yesssss…love it…oooh that skirt….love the socks…..GAH I LOVE FALL.” My favorite fall outfit is my black and floral Forever 21 dress, but I’m definitely going to keep wearing it during the winter!

December 20, 2014 at 8:38 am Reply

Thank you, thank you, I loooove the commentary hahaha!! And I LOVE your black floral dress, I know exactly which one you’re talking about, and it will be perfect through winter, too! :)

December 20, 2014 at 11:37 am Reply
  • Jackie and Marilyn

I am pretty jealous of your fall weather right now :) Your outfit is so gorgeous and perfectly fall!!! I think my favorite fall outfit was my chambray shirt and orange skirt. But honestly, probably all of them. I love fall :) Enjoy the beginning of winter!! – Brianna

December 20, 2014 at 9:13 am Reply

Hahaha sorry I was really trying not to brag about the weather! And thank you! Ooh and I remember that outfit, I loved that one, too!! :)

December 20, 2014 at 11:39 am Reply
  • Ally

I must be living in the worst thrift store area of the world. A $4 skirt like that is simply not found here. Great outfit.

December 20, 2014 at 10:28 am Reply

Thanks, Ally! I honestly totally lucked out with this skirt, but it was at the “Goodwill Boutique” location which is usually a little pricier so it was a total score! :)

December 20, 2014 at 11:40 am Reply

I love the pops of color here! So cute :)

December 22, 2014 at 8:51 am Reply

Thank you!! I was trying not to make it too neutral haha! :)

December 22, 2014 at 9:12 am Reply