Winter White | Thrift Style Thursday

January 29, 2015

Ladies and gentlemen, today is my favorite day of the week, it’s Thrift Style Thursday!  This week’s theme is “Winter White Out,” brought to us by Megan of Eclecticity, no doubt perfect for all of the snow on the East Coast.  The weather here has been much more, well, crazy – 80 degrees one day and raining the next – but I still had fun taking photos this week.

I have to admit that when I first heard the theme revolved around wearing white – and an all-white outfit if possible – I was more than a little unsure.  I rarely ever wear white bottoms.  I had an old myth stuck in my head that white bottoms were unflattering because they magnified things (you know, like thighs, or some, uh, junk in the trunk).  But then I happened upon these white skinny jeans and thought, “Yeah, okay, I can do this.”  And, you know what?  I don’t think they’re half bad; in fact, I think this week’s look came out pretty darn cute!  ;)

Winter White // stripe sweater, white jeans, colorful accessories #ThriftStyleThursday | Delightfully KristiWinter White // stripe sweater, white jeans, colorful accessories #ThriftStyleThursday | Delightfully Kristi

So far, I’m barely sticking with my style resolutions.  I think this outfit “kicks it up a notch” pretty well, especially with the fun accessories and heeled booties, but I’m not sure that my DIY Pom-Pom beanie refashion counts as a true refashion.

I’ve been working so much lately that it’s been hard to wear much more than jeans or workout clothes (I work with kids mostly), so it was nice to wear “grown-up” clothes.  That also means, however, that I’ve had very little time for sewing.  Sadly, my refashion pile is not getting any smaller.

The details: tan & white sweater (Old Navy) // white jeans (H&M, thrifted) // leather booties (Nordstrom Rack) // stripe beanie (thrifted, refashion) // print scarf (Urban Outfitters, old) // bucket bag (Old Navy) // belt (American Eagle, old) // stud earrings (H&M)

I cannot wait to see what everyone else came up with for this week’s theme!  Now that I have some white jeans, it will be great to get some styling inspiration for my new-to-me white pants!

As always, thanks for reading!

Delightfully, Kristi (signature)

• Carissa

Wow, two different stripes, floral, *and* polka dots? You are braver than I, and you’re pulling it off like crazy. Kudos!

January 29, 2015 at 6:49 am Reply

Haha thanks, Carissa! I didn’t even realize I had so much going on in this outfit until you pointed it out! I’m glad you like it, though, I have really been wanting to get back to my more unique personal style!! :)

January 29, 2015 at 7:14 am Reply

I really like what you pulled together here! The sweater looks cute with the pants – and the pants look really great on you! I adore your beanie too!

January 29, 2015 at 7:27 am Reply

Thank you!! I forgot all about this sweater and had planned on a totally different top with these pants until I found this in my drawer – yay for shopping your own closet! ;)
      And I am in love with my newly pom-pom’ed beanie, too! :)

January 29, 2015 at 7:51 am Reply

You look totally cute in those pants! I thought all white would be really hard (and unflattering too) but I was excited that with the right fitting pieces, you can make it work. Love that sweater too :)

January 29, 2015 at 7:42 am Reply

Thank you, Megan!! I am really surprised by how much I like these jeans, and I’m just convincing myself that they are flattering by not looking too closely in the mirror haha! ;)
      I am also still very worried about getting all kinds of stains/spills on these pants, but so far I’ve worn them twice without incident so I’m keeping optimistic! :)

January 29, 2015 at 7:52 am Reply
  • buttonsandbirdcages

gah, I totally know what you mean – my refashion pile right now is OVERFLOWING! I think I have literally 11 things I need to do…where does all our time go? Anyway, love the outfit and that you braved the white bottoms, I think you totally rock em ;)

January 29, 2015 at 8:11 am Reply

Riiight?! I so need to get back on my sewing game!! And thanks so much! I cannot believe how much I like these pants! Now to keep them clean!! ;)

January 29, 2015 at 10:14 am Reply
  • Andrea

Such a cute look with all of those stripes and pops of color :) I love your sweater, btw. I hear you on the white pants…I haven’t worn them confidently in a few years but am determined to swear mine much more often!

January 29, 2015 at 9:50 am Reply

Thank youuuu!! I was very nervous about styling an all-white (or nearly all-white) outfit, but I am really happy with this outfit! I am most pleased that I managed to look pretty grown up but still fun! ;)
      You rock those white pants, girl! If I can do it, you can!! :)

January 29, 2015 at 10:08 am Reply
  • spoolish

You’re adorable! These photos have so much spunk and energy! I love the waldo-esque look! You pull off the white pants even in winter;)

January 29, 2015 at 9:51 am Reply

Thanks, Martyna!! I was really trying to have fun with the photos – I feel like it’s been getting hard for me to stay creative with my photos, especially when I take them all myself – so I’m really glad it shows! And I love the Waldo reference, I hadn’t even thought about it haha!! Thanks! :)

January 29, 2015 at 10:12 am Reply
  • nyrmirez

I love the outfit! Those boots are so cute that gold detailing on them make them so much more chic. I love the energy in these photos. Keep up the good work!

January 29, 2015 at 10:33 am Reply

Thank you so much! These boots were a surprise find – can you believe they were on clearance for $12?? I love them! Thanks again!! :)

January 29, 2015 at 11:53 am Reply
      • nyrmirez

No way! I love finding unique pieces without breaking the bank.

January 29, 2015 at 1:20 pm Reply
  • Brittany

I LOVE THIS! What make are those jeans? Are yours AE as well? I adore your boots and your scarf, too. I would totally wear this up in the cold winter weather. Adorable. :)

January 29, 2015 at 10:48 am Reply

Thanks, Brittany!! These are actually H&M jeans, but AE jeans are my favorite, they fit me the best! I was actually pretty proud of the weather-appropriate-ness of this outfit haha! Thanks!! :)

January 29, 2015 at 11:55 am Reply
  • cheap-skate fashion

this is such a cute outfit! I, too have stayed away from white jeans – mostly because they stain like nobody’s business – but they look lovely on you

cheap-skatefashion.blogspot.com

January 30, 2015 at 12:32 pm Reply

Thank you so much! I am not the neatest person either so I am amazed I’ve kept them clean just the few times I’ve worn them haha! ;)

January 30, 2015 at 12:35 pm Reply