All About That Bass | Thrift Style Thursday

February 5, 2015

Yup, you read that right.  Today’s awesome Thrift Style Thursday theme, “All About That Bass” is courtesy of Brittany of Lipstick and Yarn, and I love it!  The idea behind the theme is to style a pair of thrifted pants, which was no problem for me because I have thrifted many pairs of jeans.  But I didn’t want to settle for just jeans and a sweater, this theme called for something more fun.  I hope I succeeded!

"All About That Bass" #ThriftStyleThursday | Delightfully Kristi

I was inspired by the fun spring colors in the music video for “All About That Bass,” so I decided to pair this fun floral sweatshirt with my favorite thrifted polka dot jeans.  For a little extra warmth (since it is still winter, after all), I layered a bleach denim button up shirt underneath.  I also added a super fun polka dot hair scarf to make the outfit even more fun and playful!

"All About That Bass" #ThriftStyleThursday | Delightfully Kristi"All About That Bass" #ThriftStyleThursday | Delightfully Kristi

I am most excited about the cost of this outfit, because even though I technically only thrifted the jeans, the rest I got for thrift store prices.  The jeans were $4, the button up shirt is a Gap Outlet item for only $4, the DV Dolce Vita wedges were on clearance for $18 and the sweatshirt was pre-thrifted from my mom (I snagged it before she sent it to the thrift store haha)!  Not too shabby!

"All About That Bass" #ThriftStyleThursday | Delightfully Kristi

And here’s my best Meghan Trainor “All About That Bass” pose to show you just how much I love this outfit!  ;)

"All About That Bass" #ThriftStyleThursday | Delightfully Kristi

The details: polka dot jeans (Merona/Target, via Goodwill) // bleach denim shirt (Gap Outlet) // floral sweatshirt (Old Navy, hand-me-down) // tan wedges (Dolce Vita, via DSW) // polka dot hair scarf (ModCloth) // braided tan belt (hand-me-down) // rose gold watch (Target) // glitter earrings (handmade)

I had so much fun creating this week’s look!  Its got me inspired to create more outfits inspired by popular songs!!  Don’t be surprised if you see some “Uptown Funk” look coming to the blog soon!

Don’t forget to check out the rest of the Thrift Style Thursday crew to see how they showed off their booty-booties!  ;)

As always, thanks for reading!

Delightfully, Kristi (signature)

• Carissa

Your look is so sweet and spring-y. I especially love the cute little hair scarf and the polka dot jeans! I’m thinking I need to take an old pair of jeans and bleach polka dots on them for spring.

February 5, 2015 at 7:11 am Reply

Thanks, Carissa!! These jeans are some of my favorites, you need to get/make yourself a pair! ;)

February 5, 2015 at 8:07 am Reply

Super cute and fun look! It is making me long for spring! I love the polka dot jeans, I’ve been thinking about trying to make my own pair at some point! I really adore the headband you have on too, so cute and retro feeling – the whole look reminds me of the bright, fun colors in Meghan’s video!

February 5, 2015 at 8:41 am Reply

Thanks, Beth!! You should totally try some polka dot jeans, I know you would rock them, you’re so good at styling patterned pants! And I was really trying to play up the fun retro, colorful vibe of the video, so I’m glad it worked!! :)

February 5, 2015 at 9:21 am Reply
  • spoolish

So cute! I’m very jealous that you can wear sandals right now. Very bright and fun look and you pull off that head scarf – every time I try that I feel like I’m channeling tupac. Maybe I just wear it to low lol.

P.S. expect some mail very soon ;)

February 5, 2015 at 9:09 am Reply

Thank you!! I intentionally ignored commenting on the weather because I couldn’t say anything without it sounding like total bragging haha! And I love this scarf, but I do have to be careful what I wear it with because I either look like a washerwoman or, yeah, a wannabe gangster! Oh well, sometimes you gotta just go for it! ;)

PS. yippee! :)

February 5, 2015 at 9:18 am Reply

O.M.G. You are so whimsically cute, I can’t even handle it. The headband, the shirt, and those perfectly fitting jeans! Loving this look from head to toe. Perfection :)

February 5, 2015 at 9:25 am Reply

Hahaha ahhh thank you, thank you!! Somehow I just knew you would like this outfit! I am pretty excited about it myself! ;)

February 5, 2015 at 9:33 am Reply
  • Brittany

Ah. I want spring. This outfit makes me long for it. Which is good, because that means you nailed the look! Great job with the pastels, and I like your polka dot jeans!

February 5, 2015 at 10:55 am Reply

Thank you!! The weather has been irresistible lately, I was definitely feeling the spring vibes and I figured, hey, just go for it! ;) Glad you like it!! :)

February 5, 2015 at 9:03 pm Reply
  • Andrea

Ugh! I want your outfit! That sweatshirt…those jeans…geez! Seriously, so cute, so well styled, so lovely!!! I want that sweatshirt. And those jeans. Did I mention I want your sweatshirt and jeans? ;) lol, obsessed!!!

February 5, 2015 at 1:32 pm Reply

Hahaha you are too funny! Although I basically made the same comment on Audree’s outfit today, I want to steal her bag & shoes!! ;) The sweatshirt was my mom’s for like, half a season – you can imagine how quickly I snatched it outta the thrift store donation bag haha! ;)

February 5, 2015 at 9:08 pm Reply
  • beccajost

I love it! It looks like you’re having so much fun. I really like the floral sweater and the polka dotted pants. I am so afraid to pull off printed pants and a printed top but you do it flawlessly.

February 5, 2015 at 2:32 pm Reply

Thank you so much!! I was having too much fun, I even got a “Hey, girl!” from a passerby haha! And pattern mixing takes a bit of practice, but I think if you stick with pieces that really fit your personal style well, then they’ll just naturally go together anyway! ;)

February 5, 2015 at 9:12 pm Reply
  • sistasfromcali

You look great! We love all the patterns together.

And great pictures!
    Did you take them alone?

February 5, 2015 at 2:49 pm Reply

Thank you!! Yes, I take almost all of my own photos (unless I can coerce my boyfriend/family member, but that’s rare) using a tripod and the timer on my camera. It’s a lot of running back and forth, and I probably look insane, but I’ve gotten used to it by now haha! :)

February 5, 2015 at 9:14 pm Reply
  • Marlena

This look is so springy and darling! Those shoes are amazing and I’m so jealous you can show your toes off in February! It must be polka dot jeans week because I wore mine on Wednesday after about a 6 month stint in the closet :)

February 7, 2015 at 7:21 am Reply

Thank you!! The weather has been so mild here lately (but really, when is it not?), and I’m so in love with these shoes, I just got them! Hurray for polka dot jeans!! ;)

February 7, 2015 at 7:35 am Reply