Color Poppin’ Red Dress | Thrift Style Thursday

February 12, 2015

This week’s Thrift Style Thursday theme is “Color Pop,” and the host is… me!  While I have absolutely been enjoying challenging myself each week with all of the fun themes, I have to admit that it felt good this week to throw on some bright colors in the midst of winter!

"Color Pop" Red dress, long cardigan & moto boots | #ThriftStyleThursday via Delightfully Kristi #TST"Color Pop" Red dress, long cardigan & moto boots | #ThriftStyleThursday via Delightfully Kristi #TST

For this theme, I challenged everyone to share a pop of color.  A little or a lot, it was up to them to bring some color to the dregs of winter.  Personally, I thrifted this gorgeous red dress several weeks ago and I have been dying to wear it!  I almost saved it for warmer weather, but it’s been really mild here lately (thank you, Santa Ana winds, for the 80+ degree weather in February!).

This simple shift dress is originally from Old Navy, and I gotta say, I have been loving Old Navy’s more bohemian pieces lately.  I paired the dress with a long cardigan sweater (originally Target, also thrifted), a bright teal skinny belt – for even more color – and my favorite brown motorcycle boots.  I love the loose shape of the dress, too, and I can’t wait to wear it with nothing but a pair of sandals this summer.

The details: red dress (Old Navy, thrifted) // gray long cardigan (Target, thrifted) // motorcycle boots (Target, old) // skinny teal belt (Old Navy) // locket necklace (gift) // gold cuff bracelet (gift) // red stud earrings (Forever 21) // emerald bucket bag (Old Navy)

"Color Pop" Red dress, long cardigan & moto boots | #ThriftStyleThursday via Delightfully Kristi #TST"Color Pop" Red dress, moto boots & bucket bag | #ThriftStyleThursday via Delightfully Kristi #TST

I cannot wait to see what pops of color everyone came up with for this week’s theme!  Be sure to check out all the links below to see how they brought color to the season:

I have to say, there is just something about wearing a pretty dress in a bright color that makes me so happy!

Do you love flaunting bright colors in winter?  Or are you more likely to bundle up and grudgingly wait for spring??

As always, thanks for reading!

Delightfully, Kristi (signature)

YES! Thank you for this theme! I was so excited to throw on some fun colors this week! Your dress is amazing! It’s such a fun bright color red and it looks amazing on you! I have definitely been trying to wear more colors this winter, I find it really brightens my mood, especially on gray, cold days!

February 12, 2015 at 7:39 am Reply

Haha you’re welcome! And thank you so much!! I love color, so glad you had fun with this week’s theme! :)

February 12, 2015 at 9:49 am Reply
  • The Fashion Huntress

Awesome dress and pop of color!! I really love it with the boots and no tights!!

February 12, 2015 at 9:51 am Reply

Thank you so much!! Luckily it’s been warm here lately, so no tights necessary! :)

February 12, 2015 at 10:42 am Reply

Wowza! Love that dress on you and the pattern is so beautiful. Perfect for this week’s theme :)

February 12, 2015 at 10:03 am Reply

Aw thanks, Megan, you’re makin’ me blush! ;)

February 12, 2015 at 10:44 am Reply
  • chic-ky

What a cute dress ! I love the cut at the straps it hilights your nek and shoulders really flattering :)

February 12, 2015 at 10:33 am Reply

Thank you so much!! I have never really worn this kind of high neckline before because I was always afraid it would make my broad shoulders look even broader, but, surprisingly, I absolutely love it!! :)

February 12, 2015 at 10:45 am Reply
  • Jess

That is a great thrift find, looks really cute on you.

February 12, 2015 at 10:36 am Reply

Thank you!! :)

February 12, 2015 at 10:46 am Reply
  • Brittany

This is really pretty. I think that dress was a fantastic find, and the colour is so exquisite on you. I’m glad you chose this theme. It really makes the day much brighter and happier! xx

February 12, 2015 at 11:14 am Reply

Thank you!! I never used to be a fan of red, but I really like this bright almost orange/red hue! So glad you like the theme!! :)

February 12, 2015 at 11:32 am Reply
  • Carissa

The red and teal combo is just perfect! I’m jealous that you can pull off a bright, primary red like that. You look fabulous! Also, I would kill for those boots.

February 12, 2015 at 2:55 pm Reply

Thanks, Carissa!! This dress might be my new favorite! And these boots are (obviously) well-worn for a reason – I love them! Thanks! :)

February 12, 2015 at 3:48 pm Reply
  • buttonsandbirdcages

Ow ow, lady! Love this look and I’m SO envious of your weather! I’m definitely a begrudginly warm dresser until spring pops up (though in fairness its rought around these parts when you have 0 degree days)

February 15, 2015 at 5:55 am Reply

Thank you!! I totally respect that, I cannot even imagine having to get dressed and leave the house in such freezing weather! No way, I am a California girl through and through! ;)

February 15, 2015 at 8:21 am Reply
  • Andrea

Such a cute dress! And amazing choice to add the pop of color in the belt on top of the color pop dress ;) Wish I could pull off a pixie the way you do, it is seriously so perfect on you. Great look this week :)

February 17, 2015 at 7:44 am Reply

Thank you, thank you, and thank you!!! I seriously love this dress and the skinny belt is one of my faves! I’ve had short hair for so many years now, I have a hard time imagining going back, but the pixie is easily my fave! It’s just so easy! But I do occasionally miss ponytails and braids… ;)

February 18, 2015 at 10:04 pm Reply