Marsala Spice | Thrift Style Thursday

February 19, 2015

Can you guess today’s Thrift Style Thursday theme??  Yup, it’s Pantone’s Color of the Year – Marsala! – chosen by Miche of Buttons and Birdcages!

Marsala Spice skirt, jacket, T-shirt, tights & booties for #ThriftStyleThursday | Delightfully Kristi

At first, I will freely admit that I was more than a little disappointed in this year’s Color of the Year, but it has grown on me.  I’ve gone for a slightly more vibrant version with this skirt, but as soon as I saw this beauty on the rack, I knew it was coming home with me!  I found it while thrift shopping for my Thrift Swap partner (more on that later, I promise!), and it was only $3!

I just love the pattern on this thrifted skirt and the beautiful color scheme.  I decided to play up the purple by adding my purple – and marsala – pattern jacket to the mix.  Add in the polka dot tights, and it’s a lot of pattern, so I chose a simple white t-shirt for the top.  I also kept the accessories simple with two layered necklaces, stud earrings, and neutral booties.

The teeny gold necklace is a Valentine’s Day gift from Derek.  It’s a stamped circle that says “D ♥ K” and it’s just about the cutest thing ever!  I’d love to give Derek all the credit, but I may have told him exactly what I wanted haha!  Hey, a girl who asks for what she wants, gets it!  Am I right??  ;)

Check it out!

monogram personalized stamped gold necklace

I am really glad I found this skirt just in time for this week’s theme.  I have a feeling I will be wearing this one all summer long!  When summer finally arrives, that is…  I do think this outfit makes a nice transitional look from winter to spring, though.  The layers are light, but warm enough for the lingering chill.  While the colors work equally well for both seasons.

The details: aztec print jacket (H&M) // white t-shirt (?? old) // marsala skirt (thrifted) // polka dot tights (Target) // canvas booties (Ross) // personalized necklace (gift) // bead necklace (thrifted) // stud earrings (Forever 21)

Marsala Spice polka dot tights & booties for #ThriftStyleThursday | Delightfully Kristi

Don’t forget to check out the rest of the fabulous Thrift Style Thursday gals to see how they styled their Marsala-themed looks:

What’s your favorite way to wear Marsala?  Do you have any tips for transitioning between seasons??

As always, thanks for reading!  :)

Delightfully, Kristi (signature)

Such a cute look! I am jealous you having warm enough weather to wear a cute skirt like that! The tights are darling as well, I love the little dots! And I can’t wait to see what you got your swap partner! Oh and the necklace is so cute and very sweet!

February 19, 2015 at 7:14 am Reply

Thanks, Beth!! I am SO excited for our swap, I can’t wait to see what everyone got each other! And I love my necklace!! :)

February 19, 2015 at 9:08 am Reply
  • nyrmirez

I love how well this outfit flows together. The skirt is enough of a pop without taking away from the rest of the outfit. I love your take on the themes it’s always very unique and I also enjoy the other bloggers that partake in this as well. Happy Thursday!

February 19, 2015 at 7:31 am Reply

Thank you so much! I was worried the outfit would look a bit haphazard, but I was going for fun haha! So glad you are enjoying Thrift Style Thursdays, Happy Thursday!! :)

February 19, 2015 at 9:12 am Reply

Loving the color and pattern on that skirt! And those tights! Girl, they’re adorable! Nice styling all around (as usual!!).

February 19, 2015 at 7:47 am Reply

Thank you!! These polka dot tights are my favorite, I don’t wear them nearly often enough! :)

February 19, 2015 at 9:02 am Reply
  • Brittany

CUTE BOOTS! I am also really impressed/in love with the colours in the skirt. It’s very cute, and I can’t wait to see it styled for spring. :)

February 19, 2015 at 10:32 am Reply

Thank youuuuuu!! I totally fell in love with the colors in this skirt, too! I just can’t wait for spring in general haha! ;)

February 19, 2015 at 10:40 am Reply
  • Carissa

I would never have thought to pair such a casual jacket and boots with this cute little feminine skirt, but it looks fantastic all together! And $3? What an awesome find!

February 20, 2015 at 5:17 am Reply

Thanks, Carissa! I was definitely going for contrast. I was a little worried it wouldn’t work out, but I think it all goes somehow haha! :)

February 20, 2015 at 8:47 am Reply
  • The Fashion Huntress

This is such a great look- it’s hard to pick a favorite part, but I think it’s the unexpected tights that I love the most!!

February 23, 2015 at 9:48 am Reply

Thank you so much!! I kind of threw this outfit together, and I really only choose these tights because I love them and don’t wear them often enough haha! ;)

February 23, 2015 at 9:56 am Reply