Unexpected | Thrift Style Thursday

March 5, 2015

It’s Thrift Style Thursday, friends, and today’s theme is “An Unexpected Match” brought to us by Martyna of Spoolish!  For this theme, we are sharing unexpected thrift finds, “whether it’s 5 sizes too big or it’s a men’s or child’s piece…”  I love this theme because I often search through all the sections of the thrift store for that very reason – unexpected thrift finds!

Today I am sharing a tank top that I found in the boys’ section of a local Goodwill store.  It is, in fact, a boy’s size large, but I absolutely love the fit and shape of this top.  It is perfect for a casual summer look or for working out.

Unfortunately, I am getting over yet another cold this week.  I think this is something like my third cold in 3 months, if not more.  To put it plainly, I am sick of being sick.  But, I have no one to blame but myself, because I suspect I keep getting sick by not allowing myself time to really heal properly.  I have a disease called impatience, it’s a problem.

In order to combat this problem of mine, I a trying to take it easy and allow myself to rest.  Which is why I am doing some restorative yoga, including chest opening poses, to help clear my sinuses and relax my nervous system.  And, really, I’ve been feeling so miserable lately I haven’t been wearing much more than leggings and pajamas anyway!  ;)

The details: tank top (thrifted) // neon sports bra (Fabletics) // polka dot leggings (Old Navy) // yoga mat (Hugger Mugger via Zozi*)

Now that we’re hopefully all relaxed and in tune with our chakras, let’s see what unexpected thrift finds the rest of the Thrift Style Thursday crew are sharing this week!

As always, thanks for reading!

Delightfully, Kristi (signature) yoga for wellness, leggings & tank top | #ThriftStyleThursday via Delightfully Kristi

**This post contains affiliate links — just wanna be upfront with you!  If you use the Zozi link, you get $10 off a $50 purchase, and I get $10 credit, sounds like a win-win to me!  Plus, Zozi has great gear at great prices, like my beautiful Hugger Mugger yoga mat I got for only $25 (it normally retails for $40)!!  The Fabletics link is just because I love it!  :)

That’s a great find! I think basic pieces like that are great to look for in the boys department, tank tops, t-shirts, etc. You just never know what treasures are to be found if you are willing to do a little digging! Hope your cold gets better soon!

March 5, 2015 at 7:48 am Reply

Thanks, Beth!! The digging is almost always worth it! ;)

March 5, 2015 at 1:40 pm Reply
  • Andrea

Feel better soon! I’m right there with you :( But this tank top is the perfect example of why you should look in EVERY section of the thrift store! :) I’m digging the leggings and sports bra too! Love the combo of stripes, polka dots, neon, and black and white! Take it easy on yourself so that you can heal. Namaste.

March 5, 2015 at 9:51 am Reply

Thank you so much, Andrea! Here’s to a speedy recovery for us both!! I have recently become somewhat obsessed with workout wear, so I’ve been having fun mixing and matching pretty much everything in my closet to create new sporty/casual multi-functional looks! Namaste :)

March 5, 2015 at 1:42 pm Reply
  • buttonsandbirdcages

Awesome find lol, I love wearing mens (and sometimes boys) clothes. Also, rockin those yoga poses, girl! Love it! Namaste :)

March 5, 2015 at 11:49 am Reply

Thanks, Miche!! I am right there with you!! And, thank you, I became somewhat obsessed with yoga after I took my first yoga class in college, and now that I have a ClassPass I’ve been able to take more classes!! Namaste :)

March 5, 2015 at 1:43 pm Reply
  • Carissa

Honestly, I’ve never tried yoga, but I’m beginning to think I should. So much stress at work lately! You look super comfortable and relaxed, and not sick at all. It must be working!

March 5, 2015 at 2:39 pm Reply

Haha thanks, Carissa! I really do love yoga, it has opened me up to so much, you should definitely give it a try!! And thankfully, I am feeling a little bit better each day! :)

March 5, 2015 at 2:59 pm Reply
  • Brittany

I like this. A lot. I’ll be searching for some new gym/yoga tops for the spring, but I’ve never thought about thrifting them – something about other people sweating in it previously, maybe. Either way, get well! Spring is coming.

March 5, 2015 at 3:32 pm Reply

Thanks, Brittany! I’ve never thrifted actual workout clothing, either, but I tend to blur the lines between what’s workout casual and what’s just casual anyway… I figure wash it well no matter what because you never know where any of these have been! ;) Hooray for spring!! :)

March 5, 2015 at 3:35 pm Reply
  • Justine S.

Feel better soon!!! It’s so awesome you found the tank in the boy’s section! I’ve definitely begun venturing into other sections of the thrift stores when I’m browsing, because you just never know! Really enjoyed this post. Also, I am predictably in love with the leggings…did you get those recently?!

March 5, 2015 at 4:54 pm Reply
  • Zhenya Hutson (@BeingZhenya)

Girl, you are the cutest and this boys top looks super comfy for yoga!

March 6, 2015 at 9:49 am Reply

Thank you!! It is the comfiest! ;)

March 6, 2015 at 10:09 am Reply
  • Erika ~ Erika's Style Diary

Love the tank! That’s awesome you found it in the boys section. :) They look great with the polka dot yoga pants – I’m always a fan of pattern mixing!

March 9, 2015 at 8:45 pm Reply

Thank you! I love finding clothes in the kids’ sections because it’s always cheaper and you never know what fun stuff you’ll find! And I totally didn’t even think of the fact that I was pattern mixing – I forget polka dots and stripes are even patterns sometimes haha! ;)

March 9, 2015 at 9:34 pm Reply