What I Wore: St. Patty’s Day | Thrift Style Thursday

March 19, 2015

Today’s Thrift Style Thursday theme is “St. Patrick’s Day” courtesy of Beth from Bethie the Boo.  I think there was a little confusion over the dates when we were picking themes, but no matter, I decided a little retrospective post was just fine for me!  So, here’s What I Wore: St. Patty’s Day:

At first, I was a little worried that this theme would be hard for me since I don’t really celebrate the holiday and I didn’t think I owned much green.  But then I looked in my dresser and realized that I own a lot more green than I thought, including this perfect kelly green shirt I got on clearance from Old Navy years ago for only $4!

That didn’t stop me from hitting up my favorite local thrift stores, however, and looking for some fun pattern pants.  I didn’t find any pants, but I did find these super cute floral shorts for only $4 AND matching green and tan sandals for only $4 as well!!

I especially love the tropical feel of these shorts, which made choosing a location to shoot easy: palm trees!  Unfortunately, I had a really hard time with the lighting because it’s been so bright and sunny and warm here lately (boohoo ;)).  I also love the contrast between the stripe cardigan and the fun patterned shorts.

The details: stripe swing cardigan (Ross) // green slub t-shirt (Old Navy) // tropical print shorts (Old Navy via Goodwill) // green & tan sandals (Mossimo via Goodwill) // braided leather belt (hand-me-down) // colorful bead bracelets (old)

What I Wore: St. Patty's Day -- thrifted tropical floral shorts, stripe cardigan & thrifted sandals | Thrift Style Thursday via Delightfully KristiWhat I Wore: St. Patty's Day -- thrifted tropical floral shorts, stripe cardigan & thrifted sandals | Thrift Style Thursday via Delightfully Kristi

I’m sure this outfit doesn’t exactly scream St. Patty’s Day so much as is-it-summer-yet?!, but it does have a lot of green, right??  Did you do or wear anything special for the holiday this week?

Be sure to check out the rest of the fabulous Thrift Style Thursday babes to see how they celebrated St. Patrick’s Day:

Thanks for reading!  Happy Thursday, have a great weekend!

Delightfully, Kristi (signature)

I love the look! It does have a summery feel to it, but I’m itching for summer, so that’s cool with me! I love your backdrop too. I can’t wait to see more greenery around here!

March 19, 2015 at 7:42 am Reply

Thanks, Beth!! I am definitely excited by the weather and all the greenery! :)

March 19, 2015 at 9:40 am Reply

I’m loving this pattern on pattern look! It’s a subtle St Patty’s Day reference, but a very beautiful spring reference. All the colors are so fun and bright, perfect for this time of year! Love all of it :)

March 19, 2015 at 8:16 am Reply

Thank you! I can’t seem to get enough patten mixing these days, and I’m okay with it! ;)

March 19, 2015 at 9:41 am Reply
  • Brittany

Love the shoes and the shorts. I so badly wish it was sandal weather here. We’re getting lower on the snow, but I definitely can’t pull off shorts yet. :P Give it about 2 months, and then hopefully I’ll have cute floral shorts like you! (Too bad we weren’t the same size… hint hint). :)

March 19, 2015 at 2:42 pm Reply

Hahaha subtle hint there, I might just have to look for something in your size! ;)
      Thank you! I love these shorts, and I can’t deny I’ve been loving the weather, too!!

March 19, 2015 at 7:27 pm Reply
  • alexa

Super cute outfit. I love the shorts. So jealous of your lovely weather, winter feels unrelenting here. Xox

March 20, 2015 at 1:35 am Reply

Thanks, Alexa!! Hang in there, spring is on its way! I’m sending warm thoughts East for everyone, I promise!! ;)

March 21, 2015 at 9:03 am Reply
  • Carissa

I’m really starting to enjoy pattern mixing, especially stripes and florals together, and you totally nailed it! And those sandals are fantastic! So jealous!

March 20, 2015 at 5:17 am Reply

Thank you!! I love pattern mixing, especially when I get it right haha! ;)
      These sandals are definitely going to become a new staple!! :)

March 20, 2015 at 6:54 am Reply
  • buttonsandbirdcages

Gahh you and Carissa are killing me with your warm weather wardrobes! Love this look – its not too over the top but its adorable (and so are those shoes!)

March 20, 2015 at 6:16 am Reply

Haha sorry, we can’t help it!! I’ll try sending some of the warm weather your way! ;)
      Thanks! I love these sandals, too!! :)

March 20, 2015 at 6:51 am Reply