What I Wore: Cinco De Mayo | Thrift Style Thursday

May 7, 2015

I’m back!  Okay, so it was only a short break, but I was fighting yet another cold and I’ve been absolutely swamped lately, so my only day off was spent in bed.  But this week I am back in action and feeling (mostly) better!  Our theme this week is “Cinco de Mayo” chosen by Beth of Bethie the Boo – let’s get spicy!  Here’s “What I Wore: Cinco De Mayo!”

What I Wore Cinco de Mayo -- embroidered top, thrifted skinny jeans, leather sandals & vintage beaded belt | #ThriftStyleThursday via Delightfully KristiWhat I Wore Cinco de Mayo -- embroidered top, thrifted skinny jeans, leather sandals & vintage beaded belt | #ThriftStyleThursday via Delightfully KristiWhat I Wore Cinco de Mayo -- embroidered top, colorful accessories & a flower in my hair | #ThriftStyleThursday via Delightfully Kristi

Since I was working, I kept it simple for Cinco de Mayo by wearing an embroidered top and some fun accessories to add that “spicy” flair!  The top is an old one, and the jeans and sandals are thrifted.  The accessories are almost all gifted with the exception of the flower, which I borrowed from my mom’s collection.  The leather pieces and colorful accessories are what really make this outfit feel like Cinco de Mayo to me.

The details: embroidered top (old) // skinny jeans (H&M, thrifted) // leather sandals (Mossimo, thrifted) // vintage beaded belt (gift) // accessories (gifts) // flower (borrowed)

What I Wore Cinco de Mayo -- embroidered top, vintage beaded belt & colorful accessories | #ThriftStyleThursday via Delightfully KristiWhat I Wore Cinco de Mayo -- embroidered top & vintage beaded belt | #ThriftStyleThursday via Delightfully KristiWhat I Wore Cinco de Mayo -- thrifted H&M skinny jeans & thrifted leather Target sandals | #ThriftStyleThursday via Delightfully Kristi

Even though I kept my outfit simple, I still felt very festive with the flower in my hair.  It’s funny how a small detail like that can change your whole look!

Don’t forget to check out the rest of the Thrift Style Thursday babes to see how they spiced up their thrifted ensembles for Cinco de Mayo!

What’s your favorite way to make an outfit more fun or festive??

As always, thanks for reading!  :)

Delightfully, Kristi (signature)

I love this look! Your shirt is really cute and I love the flower in your hair. I’m really loving your sandals the most though, how fun are those??

May 7, 2015 at 7:23 am Reply

Thank you!! The sandals are totally my favorite part of this look, too! I think they bring the whole outfit together, and they’re so stylish and fun! Can you believe they were brand new Mossimo with tags at the thrift store and I got them half off for only $4?! Ok sorry, bragging over haha! ;)

May 7, 2015 at 8:24 am Reply
  • The Fashion Huntress

Gorgeous look!! It’s perfectly festive and chic!

May 7, 2015 at 9:45 am Reply

Thank you so much!! :)

May 7, 2015 at 10:00 am Reply
  • Carissa

That shirt is precisely what I was looking for when I set out shopping for this challenge and just couldn’t hunt one down. So jealous! And you are positively adorable with that flower in your hair. Super cute outfit this week!

May 7, 2015 at 3:45 pm Reply

Aw thanks, Carissa!! This top is totally an old one; in fact, it used to be more of a dress and I shrunk it into a tunic haha! Oh well, it worked perfectly for this outfit! :)

May 7, 2015 at 3:58 pm Reply
  • sistasfromcali

The detail on that belt is amazing.
    Love the whole look.
    Lesli :)

May 7, 2015 at 4:08 pm Reply

Thank you!! I got a whole collection of these belts from a good friend – I have two different ones that say California and a couple others, too, but I love this one! :)

May 7, 2015 at 4:18 pm Reply
  • Brittany

I still love those sandals. They may be my favourite thing you’ve thrifted ever. I’m really sad I didn’t have my act together this week for a post, but you look great!

May 7, 2015 at 8:32 pm Reply

Thanks, Brittany! The sandals are pretty dang fantastic, I want this style in other colors now!! I’m sad you didn’t post either, but there’s always next week! ;)

May 8, 2015 at 7:15 am Reply
  • nyrmirez

I love the look! That tops is so pretty and I agree the accessories are the ones that bring the outfit together. Glad your feeling better!

May 8, 2015 at 7:43 am Reply

Thank you so much!! I’m glad you like this look! :)

May 8, 2015 at 8:06 am Reply
  • Andrea

I love that embroidered top! Been keeping an eye out for one I can thrift, and still no luck in my small local thrift stores…but I won’t give up! Love how the accessories bring all the spice, as you say, such a cool belt! And love the sandals…love it all!

May 11, 2015 at 1:53 pm Reply

Thank you!! This top was such a random find from years ago, but I’ve kept it in my closet (even after totally shrinking it) because I just love embroidery details on everything! Good luck on your hunt!! ;)

May 13, 2015 at 2:27 pm Reply
  • JJ

Eeek! So cute. The belt is the perfect touch.

JJ

May 12, 2015 at 9:54 pm Reply

Thank you so much!! I love these quirky vintage belts! :)

May 13, 2015 at 2:27 pm Reply