Railroad Stripes + Refashioned Boots

June 9, 2015

Old Navy red & white stripe linen dress & painted western boots | Delightfully KristiOld Navy red & white stripe linen dress & refashioned boots | Delightfully KristiOld Navy red & white stripe linen dress & sassy cowgirl boots | Delightfully KristiOld Navy red & white stripe linen dress & painted western boots | Delightfully Kristi

Since I started blogging, I have always wanted to take outfit photos on train tracks; it just seemed like the coolest, most fashion-blogger thing to do!  Now, there are plenty of railways in Southern California, but most are either still active, too far away, inaccessible or otherwise undesirable.  These tracks were not exactly ideal, but, hey, a style blogger’s gotta do what a style blogger’s gotta do!  Am I right??  ;)

Old Navy red & white stripe linen dress & painted western boots | Delightfully KristiOld Navy red & white stripe linen dress & painted western boots | Delightfully KristiOld Navy red & white stripe linen dress & accessories | Delightfully Kristi

The details: red & white stripe dress (Old Navy) // western boots (thrifted, refashion) // heart necklace (Target) // drop necklace (gift) // red bead bracelet (gift) // bangle bracelets (old) // silver leaf ring (American Eagle, old) // turquoise earrings (gift)

Old Navy red & white stripe linen dress, layered necklaces & other accessories | Delightfully KristiThrifted & Refashioned Western Boots -- paint your own using Lumiere Fabric Paints | Delightfully Kristi

And now on to the Sassy Cowgirl Boot Refashion!  I found these leather boots at the thrift store (for a steal at only $12.50!) and knew right away they were the perfect candidates for a fun & easy DIY painted boots refashion!

I am also super excited to announce that I am one of the new Craft Test Sidekicks for Cut Out + Keep!  This means I get to test out super cool craft products, review them and share my projects.  My first Craft Test was to use the Jacquard Fabric Paints – which I LOVED!

I used the very pretty, iridescent Lumiere line of colors to coat the boots in copper and my own mixed turquoise, and painted the details with purple, copper and more turquoise.  The paints applied to the leather smoothly and easily and dried like a dream!  To see more of the transformation and learn how to do it yourself, you can see the full tutorial here.

Thrifted & Refashioned Western Boots -- DIY painted boots using Jacquard Lumiere Fabric Paints | Delightfully Kristi

Have you ever thought of painting a pair of boots?  What would you paint??

As always, thanks for reading!  :)

Delightfully, Kristi (signature)

• The Fashion Huntress

WOWWW!!! I’m totally impressed with what you’ve done here!! Awesome re-fashioning of those boots!!

June 9, 2015 at 8:23 am Reply

Ahhhh thank you!! I am pretty obsessed with this look myself ;)

June 9, 2015 at 10:25 am Reply
  • Justine S.

How cute are you?! I, too, have always wanted to do some photos by railroad tracks. Glad you got your chance :)

I simply cannot believe the creativity with the cowboy boots! Makes me want to try the same thing if I’m ever lucky enough to thrift a great pair like these. Well done!

June 9, 2015 at 3:42 pm Reply

Thanks, Justine!! Glad it’s not just me who wanted to take railroad track photos haha! ;)

And you should definitely keep an eye out for boots to refashion, it was super fun!! I want to do more! :)

June 10, 2015 at 8:29 am Reply
  • nyrmirez

Those boots are absolutely stunning! I know I have said this previously, but you are so creative. Great outfit.

June 10, 2015 at 7:40 am Reply

Thanks so much!! I wanted to do so much more with the boots (like paint big pretty flowers or something), but I’m not a very good painter haha! But this was pretty simple/easy, anyone can do it!! :)

June 10, 2015 at 8:31 am Reply
  • Draped in Cloudlets

Love that dress, it’s so perfectly summery :-)

June 10, 2015 at 8:25 am Reply

Thank you! I couldn’t agree more about the dress, and it’s so easy to wear – I love it! :)

June 10, 2015 at 8:32 am Reply
  • The Peppermint Journalist

I really like the boot refashion! I have this idea of finding turquoise cowboy boots at a thrift store in my size but that hasn’t happened…..this seems like a great alternative.
    P.S. – how did you become a tester for Cut Out & Keep? I have that book; I won it on another blog.
    Elaine

June 14, 2015 at 10:05 pm Reply

Thanks so much!! Go thrift some boots and paint them turquoise, it was so easy!! ;)
      I have done a few features with Cut Out + Keep in the past, but I saw in one of their newsletters that they were looking for Craft Test Sidekicks, so I simply filled out my info and received an email to join in! Also, I believe you have to have a profile on CO+K… Hope that helps! :)

June 15, 2015 at 7:28 pm Reply