One of the Boys | Thrift Style Thursday

September 3, 2015

Hello, friends, Happy Thursday!  And hip-hip-hooray for Thursday, too, because it has already been a long week!  Phew!  Is it just me or are things getting a little crazy already??  At least the weather has finally started to cool down around here!

Today’s theme is “Menswear” brought to us by Brittany of The B Life.  Her idea was to either wear a menswear inspired look OR thrift for a man in our life.  I totally think it would have been fun to pick an outfit out for Derek, but he doesn’t let me shop for him, and we have both been so busy lately, it wasn’t in the cards either way.  BUT I do love mixing in the occasional men’s or boy’s pieces in my wardrobe, so I knew I had that covered!

Menswear -- Plaid flannel shirt, Jurassic Park graphic tee, boyfriend jeans & heels | Delightfully Kristi #ThriftStyleThursdayMenswear -- Plaid flannel shirt, Jurassic Park graphic tee, boyfriend jeans & heels | Delightfully Kristi #ThriftStyleThursdayMenswear Inspired -- Plaid flannel shirt, Jurassic Park graphic tee, boyfriend jeans & heels | Delightfully Kristi #ThriftStyleThursday

For today’s look, I chose a “Jurassic Park” shirt from the men’s section at Target and my favorite thrifted plaid shirt from the men’s section at a thrift store in Utah.  The jeans are also boyfriend style jeans with a more relaxed fit, though definitely not actual men’s jeans (too much junk in the trunk for that)!

I do love mixing masculine and feminine elements, though, so I chose to add some fun oxford heels to the look.  Oh, and the ultra girly band-aid helps, too!  ;)

Menswear Inspired -- Plaid flannel shirt, Jurassic Park graphic tee, boyfriend jeans & heels | Delightfully Kristi #ThriftStyleThursdayMenswear -- Plaid flannel shirt, Jurassic Park graphic tee & boyfriend jeans | Delightfully Kristi #ThriftStyleThursday

The details: Jurassic Park shirt (Target) // boyfriend jeans (thrifted, Salvation Army) // plaid flannel shirt (thrifted) // belt (AE, old)

Menswear Inspired -- Plaid flannel shirt, Jurassic Park graphic tee, boyfriend jeans & heels | Delightfully Kristi #ThriftStyleThursdayMenswear -- Thrifted boyfriend jeans & heels | Delightfully Kristi #ThriftStyleThursday

Don’t forget to check out the rest of the Thrift Style Thursday crew to see what menswear they’re sporting today!

Are you a fan of mixing menswear inspired pieces into your outfits?  What’s your favorite look that’s borrowed from the boys??

Thanks for reading!

• audree

Love this outfit!! I love how your added those booties!

September 3, 2015 at 10:59 am Reply

Thanks Audree!! These booties are my fave for transitioning from summer to fall! :)

September 3, 2015 at 11:21 am Reply

This outfit is totally cute and a perfect cool weekend look! I love love love those oxfords and they are a nice contrast with the boyish look of the outfit. I might just have to copy this outfit sometime soon :)

September 3, 2015 at 11:34 am Reply

Thank you!! This is definitely one of my go-to weekend looks, though I did actually wear this on Thursday haha! But jeans and a t-shirt with some girly accessories are my fave! ;)

September 5, 2015 at 10:15 am Reply
  • Charmsofpenny

Your outfit looks so fun. I love the mix between feminine and masculine with the plad shirt. I am currently obsessed with boyfriend jeans and that dandy pair you have are so cute. I love! Krista, keep it real with the shirt with shows one of my favorite movies from the 90’s JURASSIC PARK!!

September 3, 2015 at 11:52 am Reply

Thank you, thank you!! I couldn’t NOT get this shirt when I saw it in the men’s section at Target, it’s one of my fave 90’s movies, too! I even went and saw it in 3D for the 30th anniversary!! ;)
      I do love mixing masculine and feminine trends, especially with my short hair, it just feels extra fun to me! Thanks so much!! :)

September 5, 2015 at 10:16 am Reply
      • Charmsofpenny

Me too ever since I cut my hair I’ve been playing with different styles. Its so refreshing.

September 11, 2015 at 12:35 pm Reply

There is just something about an oversized flannel that feels amazing doesn’t it? It reminds me of my teen years and stealing my boyfriend’s (now husband’s) shirts! I LOVE the shoes too. So cute!

September 4, 2015 at 7:47 am Reply

Yes, there is nothing as comfortable/comforting as an oversized flannel shirt!! I hope the trend never completely goes away haha! Thanks!! :)

September 5, 2015 at 10:17 am Reply