Disney Bound Merida | Thrift Style Thursday

September 17, 2015

Have you heard of Disney Bounding??  Basically, it is the practice of wearing an outfit inspired by a Disney character to one of the Disney theme parks.  As a huge Disney fan and current annual passholder, I have been dying to try this myself!

Luckily, I am the host of today’s Thrift Style Thursday, so for this week’s theme – Fanfare – I challenged my fellow thrifty fashionistas to come up with a look showing off their favorite, well, anything!  For my look, I decided to channel my inner bravery and create a modern Disney Bound Merida!

Disney Bound Merida -- Thrifted shirt, jeggings & boots create a Merida-inspired look | Delightfully Kristi #ThriftStyleThursdayMerida-BraveDisney Bound Merida -- Thrifted shirt, jeggings & boots create a Merida-inspired look | Delightfully Kristi #ThriftStyleThursday

The details: green shirt (Savers) // green jeggings (Walmart) // brown leather boots (Target) // mint green tank top (Old Navy) // gold bangle (gift) // green bracelet (handmade) // pendant necklace (handmade)

Disney Bound Merida -- Thrifted shirt, jeggings & boots create a Merida-inspired look | Delightfully Kristi #ThriftStyleThursdayDisney Bound Merida -- Thrifted shirt, jeggings & boots create a Merida-inspired look | Delightfully Kristi #ThriftStyleThursday

To me, it isn’t just Merida’s bravery when riding her horse, Angus, or shooting her bow and arrow that counts, but her willingness to own up to her mistakes and embrace her flaws that makes her a truly inspiring character.  Plus, her Scottish accent and crazy family are a lot of fun, too!  ;)

So, which Disney character would you choose if you were Disney bound??

Don’t forget to check out the rest of the Thrift Style Thursday crew to see how they’re showing off their “Fanfare” in style!

Thanks for reading!  :)

Delightfully, Kristi (signature)

That green color looks so good on you! Love this!

September 17, 2015 at 7:21 am Reply

Thank you!! I do love green ;)

September 17, 2015 at 12:03 pm Reply
  • Beth

I love your take on Merida! This is a great look, green is a fantastic color on you! It was such a fun theme this week!

September 17, 2015 at 8:30 am Reply

Thanks, Beth!! I had fun coming up with my “Modern Merida,” though I do wish I had found some tartan plaid! ;)
      I’m so glad you had fun with this week’s theme!! :)

September 17, 2015 at 12:05 pm Reply
  • sistasfromcali

That’s a perfect outfit to walk around all day at Disneyland and still be comfortable.

September 23, 2015 at 6:40 pm Reply

Totally! I think that’s the best part of Disney Bounding, you get to dress like one of your favorite characters without the discomfort of wearing a costume all day! ;)

September 23, 2015 at 9:49 pm Reply
  • vivalaViv

I adore your Disney Bounding ensemble Kristi! It’s also very Peter Pan to me! ;-)
    Seeing you in the earth tone colour reminds me one of my posts; also about wearing the earth tone:
    By the way, I love your cool poses here!

Vivienne X

October 2, 2015 at 6:03 am Reply

Thank you so much!! I had a lot of fun with this one, and I thought, too, that the all green could be a couple different characters! :)
      I’ll definitely have to check out your post!

October 3, 2015 at 5:34 pm Reply