Favorite Forgotten Sweater | Workwear Wednesday

February 3, 2016

Hello, friends!  I am very excited about today’s post because it is my first time participating in Workwear Wednesdays!!  This whole “professional wardrobe” thing is pretty new to me (since I’ve never actually had to have a professional wardrobe before), but I have a new job!  I happen to be a brand new substitute teacher for the Huntington Beach Unified High School District!  Yay!

I’m not going to lie, it’s pretty weird being back at my old school as an employee.  Plus, I barely look older than a high school student, so I’ve definitely had to up my style game to make sure I look like, you know, an adult.  Happily, it also means I’ll have lots of cute outfits to share for Workwear Wednesdays with Justine (The Thrifty Girl’s Guide) and Nout (Sandpaper Kisses)!

Favorite Forgotten Sweater -- Black windowpane coat, stripe sweater, black jeans & booties | Delightfully Kristi #WorkwearWednesdayFavorite Forgotten Sweater -- Black windowpane coat, stripe sweater, black jeans & booties | Delightfully Kristi #WorkwearWednesday

Today’s theme for Workwear Wednesdays is “Favorite Sweater,” and while I have plenty of sweaters I love, and even a couple favorite sweaters, I decided to share my favorite forgotten sweater.  You know those pieces you have in your closet that look good, they’re comfortable, they’re nice, but somehow you always seem to forget about them?  For me, this sweater is one of those great, forgotten pieces.

The details: black windowpane coat, stripe sweater & black jeans (Old Navy) // mint collared tank top (H&M) // tan leather booties (Nordstrom Rack) // triangle stud earrings & necklace (Ann Taylor Loft)

Don’t forget to check out my Workwear Wednesday partners – Justine of The Thrifty Girl’s Guide and Nout of Sandpaper Kisses – to see how they styled their favorite sweaters for the workplace!

Do you have a favorite forgotten sweater or other item in your closet that you wish you remembered to wear more??

As always, thanks for reading!  :)

Delightfully, Kristi (signature)

• suntreeriver

congrats on your new job! You probably do need to dress a little more seriously teaching HS— though with younger kids probably not. I love the outfit, so happy you’ll be doing Workwear Wednesdays!

February 3, 2016 at 12:57 pm Reply

Thank you!! I do have to dress much nicer than when I watch little ones, and getting used to being Miss Peterson instead of Miss Kristi was a surprising adjustment, too haha!

February 3, 2016 at 4:37 pm Reply
  • Justine S.

Congrats on the new job! Oh, the clothing possibilities that come along with a new job :) Really digging the windowpane coat and the sweater! It’s totally the best feeling to pull out a forgotten but loved item like this one. The gold detail on the booties is superb and really elevates this already gorgeous outfit. Yay for Workwear Wednesday!

<3 Justine

February 3, 2016 at 4:13 pm Reply

Thanks, Justine!! I love finding things in my closet that I forgot about; it makes me much happier than when I dream about great outfits and then wake up and realize I don’t own those clothes (true story) haha! ;)

February 3, 2016 at 4:46 pm Reply
      • suntreeriver

related to those awesome semi-forgotten closet discoveries, a few weeks ago I got an AMAZING sweater for $! at the swap meet but have been so stressed I forgot about it (lifetime first). About 10 days ago I was trying to organize a bit in what I hope will be very temporary housing with a bunch of housemates and one super awesome roommate and found the sweater! YAY!

February 3, 2016 at 7:20 pm Reply

Ooh that is the best!! It’s like finding money in the pocket of a jacket or pants that you haven’t worn in awhile! :)

February 3, 2016 at 9:31 pm Reply
          • suntreeriver

actually even better than finding surprise $$$, cuz the sweater will last, and the $$$ won’t ;)

February 3, 2016 at 9:35 pm

Congrats on your new job and welcome to the WWW crew! We’re so glad to have you! And yes, rediscovering fun things in your closet is so great. I for one love that sweater and the boots! I love grey, black, and white and how you paired them all together is so professionally chic!

February 4, 2016 at 12:17 pm Reply

Thank you so much!! I’m so excited to be part of the crew and hopefully get my workwear game going strong! ;)
      I’m glad you like the outfit, I had a lot of fun putting this one together! :)

February 4, 2016 at 1:10 pm Reply
  • Jacqueline

Congrats on the new job :) I adore the jacket and those boots are gorgeous ❤

February 5, 2016 at 2:31 am Reply

Thank you, thank you! I’m having a lot of fun being a sub, and these boots are definitely a go-to pair when I want to feel fierce / confident!! ;)

February 9, 2016 at 7:51 am Reply